Ryobi Work Light

jgaz

TJ Enthusiast
I know at least some of you have Ryobi 18 volt tools so I thought I'd post this.

Santa brought me a Ryobi P720 work light a couple years ago for Christmas. It runs off of any of their 18 volt batteries but also allows you to use a std 110 volt cord to power it. I like having the choice.

The light is very bright but stays cool. that's a nice feature for AZ compared to my halogen work light that doubles as a heater!
The light can be hung or mounted several different ways.

I was able to get over 2 hrs of continuous use out of a 4Ah battery pack. The battery showed 4 bars on its charge indicator when I put it in the light but it was not fresh off the charger. YRMV.

The small folding hook worked well to hang the light under the hood of my LJ with the hood folded back against the windshield.
This has been the best under hood work light solution I’ve found yet.

There have been newer models of Ryobi work lights released since I got mine so you may find this model discounted soon.

Reactions: RussTJ
I reposted this because I can’t see the pictures that were in my original post. No idea what happened to them.

Note: Chris, if you see this can you delete the above post that contains no pictures.
Thank you

I know at least some of you have Ryobi 18 volt tools so I thought I'd post this.

Santa brought me a Ryobi P720 work light a couple years ago for Christmas. It runs off of any of their 18 volt batteries but also allows you to use a std 110 volt cord to power it. I like having the choice.

The light is very bright but stays cool. that's a nice feature for AZ compared to my halogen work light that doubles as a heater!
The light can be hung or mounted several different ways.

I was able to get over 2 hrs of continuous use out of a 4Ah battery pack. The battery showed 4 bars on its charge indicator when I put it in the light but it was not fresh off the charger. YRMV.
B9CCBF91-9A73-4AF8-BA1A-77E0C3DD9837.jpeg

The small folding hook worked well to hang the light under the hood of my LJ with the hood folded back against the windshield.
This has been the best under hood work light solution I’ve found yet.
A847216C-DA52-4B1B-A306-46E4EBDA6671.jpeg

There have been newer models of Ryobi work lights released since I got mine so you may find this model discounted soon

Reactions: RussTJ and psrivats
I own all milwaukee tools/batts. I printed an adapter to use my milwaukee batts on this light.

1/3rd the price as the milawukee one and works as good or better.

The 'newer' one adds a hi/low setting. Nothing else that I've noticed

Reactions: RussTJ