S/O B-8PTD vs amp + sub

Ken1120

Hi everybody! I want to add a sub and place it where the original one goes under the center console.

After some research I've come down to either the Sound Ordnance B-8PTD which seems to be popular here, or going with having a separate amp and sub, the same ones that the admin Chris has in his audio guide.

Now I just can't decide between the two, so I'm looking for your guys opinion on either one. How installation went, how they sound, pros and cons. Maybe even suggesting alternatives. Thanks!

I installed the SO B-8PTD a couple months ago and have been very happy with it. Plenty of bass for my liking, easy install and ability to control the amount of bass via a wired remote.

Don't get me wrong it is nothing compared to the 4 10" solo baric subs and 1500 watts of power I had in my Trans Am while in high school... but it is enough for me.

Just took off my center console and saw that because my Jeep didn't come with a sub, the console insert is much deeper, dunno why didn't out two and two together, but looks like I'll be putting a powered sub under the rear seat. Thanks anyways guys.