Sad News - DrDmoney

Alex01

Waiting on USA revolution shafts since November
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Today I was informed by @lowranger that one of our fellow Jeep forum members passed away not long ago. (hope I'm not stepping on your toes)

@DrDmoney was an amazing person who I am honored to have met.

After doing a little digging I found that he was diagnosed with ALS earlier in the year and passed to the disease a few months ago.

I also found that his wife started a fundraiser linked to the "Walk to Defeat ALS" website.

Please consider donating to the fundraiser to show our support for a fellow community member and for all the information he shared with us over the years.

https://secure2.convio.net/alsa/site/TR/Walks/Sacramento?px=9006069&pg=personal&fr_id=15542

Thank you lowranger for letting me know. It's a truly tragic loss.

I'm glad to have had the opportunity to meet and run trails with Darren and am happy that his V.01 version of his tailgate table is on my jeep. He was an amazing fabricator and a great man. He will be greatly missed.

Obituary: https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/placerville-ca/darren-rice-11347799

XKXz-jF2_Ad4xACiKaoAjU=w2516-h1887-s-no?authuser=1.jpg

Last edited:
Terrible news. I was wondering why I hadn’t seen him on here lately. Thanks for letting us know @Alex01

Sad to hear this news. I enjoyed his posts. ALS is a horrible disease. RIP, DrDmoney!

Reactions: GPK03X
Terrible news. I was wondering why I hadn’t seen him on here lately. Thanks for letting us know @Alex01

yep, it's quite tragic. I'm not sure how Lowranger found out but I'm glad he shared the news with me. Terrible how fast it happened / that it happened at all. He was a really stand-up guy.

Reactions: Wildman and Daryl
yep, it's quite tragic. I'm not sure how Lowranger found out but I'm glad he shared the news with me. Terrible how fast it happened / that it happened at all. He was a really stand-up guy.

Darren was a good dude. He let me take some of his equipment home to San Diego from Moab with me when my rig was acting squirrelly. He didn’t know me except from a few trail runs and the forum. I shared a table and a glass of wine with him and his fam and he said, “here ya go buddy, just mail it back to me when you can and call me if you get into trouble”. Really good person. He’ll be missed. Thanks Alex.

I never met Darren in person, but he went out of his way to ship me a TC skid to replace my heavily damaged one. He didn't charge me for it, and even sent it on his dime (I returned the favor by sending him some beer money). We conversed a bit after that, and you could definitely tell he was one of the good ones. For those of you who were truly close to him, I'm genuinely sorry for your loss.

God Bless, Darren. You and your family are in my prayers.

Last edited:
He was on my list of members I want to meet.

I hate to see people die before their time.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford