WTB: Sahara Rocker Flares (FOUND)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSTJ

———
Lifetime Supporting Member
Any color is fine, as I'll be painting them. Black is preferable, though.

I am in SC, since shipping would probably be a hassle. But I suppose they'd be pretty light.

I've got some, in Oklahoma and they're forest green pearl. They fit really well in the box that my savvy rocker guards came in so they're already mostly boxed up. I can get you a shipping quote if you're interested.

I've got some, in Oklahoma and they're forest green pearl. They fit really well in the box that my savvy rocker guards came in so they're already mostly boxed up. I can get you a shipping quote if you're interested.

Sweet. Sure, if it's no trouble to get the quote, then I'm interested. Before you go to the trouble of getting the quote, let me know what you'd be asking for them. We can PM if you prefer.

Sweet. Sure, if it's no trouble to get the quote, then I'm interested. Before you go to the trouble of getting the quote, let me know what you'd be asking for them. We can PM if you prefer.

ok, before we go too much farther I need to make sure we're on the same page with what I have.

These are mine. They are in really good shape, only minor scuffs in the paint which won't matter if you're painting them.

20180624_152643.jpg

These are not mine...I just borrowed the photo from an already sold listing on the forum and circled these black metal strips that normally are riveted to the tub and serve as the upper attachment point for the rocker cover. I do NOT have these strips. Mine were rusty and took too much damage during removal to be usable so I tossed them. I've never shopped for them to see how hard they are to find. If you have a Sahara then they're already attached, but looking at your profile pic it looks like you're adding these to a non-Sahara, which means you'll need that strip.

1630074168237.png

If missing those strips doesn't kill it for you, i've had them on marketplace and craigslist on and off for like 3 years without a bite so I've long since let go of any expectation of getting any real money for them. If you were local, I'd be perfectly ok with taking a six pack for them, but if you're ok with adding like $15 to the shipping price, I think we'll both walk away happy.

ok, before we go too much farther I need to make sure we're on the same page with what I have.

These are mine. They are in really good shape, only minor scuffs in the paint which won't matter if you're painting them.

These are not mine...I just borrowed the photo from an already sold listing on the forum and circled these black metal strips that normally are riveted to the tub and serve as the upper attachment point for the rocker cover. I do NOT have these strips. Mine were rusty and took too much damage during removal to be usable so I tossed them. I've never shopped for them to see how hard they are to find. If you have a Sahara then they're already attached, but looking at your profile pic it looks like you're adding these to a non-Sahara, which means you'll need that strip.

If missing those strips doesn't kill it for you, i've had them on marketplace and craigslist on and off for like 3 years without a bite so I've long since let go of any expectation of getting any real money for them. If you were local, I'd be perfectly ok with taking a six pack for them, but if you're ok with adding like $15 to the shipping price, I think we'll both walk away happy.

Nice, thank you. No, I don't have the strips, and yes I'll need them. Unless, from your experience in removing them, they could be mounted in any other way? Even just some super adhesive tape?

Unless you think they can be mounted without the strips, then I'd better look around for how hard the strips would be to find.

p.s. The bolt holes on the rocker flares, those are the bottom of the flare, right? And they allow you to bolt into the underside of the tub corner? And then the top of the flare just has some little ridge that slips over those strips?

Assuming that's right, then let's go for it. I can always shop around for the strips, or try some other way of getting them secure. Do you prefer PayPal or Venmo?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.