San Juan Mountains - July 2023

NJW

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Didn't take too many photos while we are out and about, but snagged a few in the evening and after the campfire that I really liked and thought I'd share. The Northern Lights came out while we were up above timberline. Hadn't ever seen those before. That was pretty rad.

152A2026-Edit.jpg

152A2083-Edit.jpg

152A2097-Edit.jpg

152A1985-Enhanced-NR.jpg

And anyone who says that car seats are too difficult with two doors should just keep the top off. Haha.

IMG_0420.JPG

Didn't take too many photos while we are out and about, but snagged a few in the evening and after the campfire that I really liked and thought I'd share. The Northern Lights came out while we were up above timberline. Hadn't ever seen those before. That was pretty rad.

View attachment 445070

View attachment 445071

View attachment 445072

View attachment 445069

And anyone who says that car seats are too difficult with two doors should just keep the top off. Haha.

View attachment 445073

I love that first picture

Reactions: NJW
The Northern Lights came out while we were up above timberline. Hadn't ever seen those before. That was pretty rad.

Cool pics, but are you sure what you saw was the northern lights? Southern Colorado is very far south to see them, and even in the best spots to see them, late August is when they usually start.

I love that first picture
Cool pics, but are you sure what you saw was the northern lights? Southern Colorado is very far south to see them, and even in the best spots to see them, late August is when they usually start.

100%. Either that or aliens lit up the sky neon green on top of Black Bear Pass. I told the person that first spotted them the same thing, that there was no way it was, got up and sure enough, they were there and visible to the naked eye. I was so convinced they couldn't be the northern lights, that I didn't bother to bring my camera with me.

Last edited:
100%. Either that or aliens light up the sky neon green on top of Black Bear Pass. I told the person that first spotted them the same thing, that there was no way it was, got up and sure enough, they were there and visible to the naked eye. I was so convinced they couldn't be the northern lights, that I didn't bother to bring my camera with me.

Wow, that's crazy. Maybe there's more to this alien thing they're talking about in Washington, DC :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: John Cooper
I sure do miss the Aurora Borealis,

i’m trying to get the wife to go into the mountains. but she thinks there are as many people in the mountains as there are in Denver. 😆

we get them occasionally here in Co. It's rare but somewhere like that with no light pollution you can see all kinds of stuff... aliens too lol

• Wow
Reactions: John Cooper
I will be up there this weekend. I will take a lot more photos, but none of them will look as good as yours. 🤣

Tread Lightly: Avoid Sensitive Areas​

on land such as meadows, lake shores, wetlands and streams. Always ride with caution any time water is present. Wet soils are more susceptible to damage. Riding along river and stream beds causes erosion and habitat destruction. Stay on designated routes. This protects wildlife habitats and sensitive soils from damage.

https://treadlightly.org/learn/recreation-tips/4x4/

Th

Tread Lightly: Avoid Sensitive Areas​

on land such as meadows, lake shores, wetlands and streams. Always ride with caution any time water is present. Wet soils are more susceptible to damage. Riding along river and stream beds causes erosion and habitat destruction. Stay on designated routes. This protects wildlife habitats and sensitive soils from damage.

https://treadlightly.org/learn/recreation-tips/4x4/

This is the parking area for my buddies house actually. Not off trail. Lots of perspective trickery going into these shots. I’m not actually as close to their stream as it looks.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
The western slope is heaven to me.

Great post. Love the little guy getting in😍