Savvy 3” springs

TJ05

I installed savvy 3” springs, Rancho rs5000x shocks, and bought some 33/12.5/15 duratracs. I have a rake that really isn’t that bad to other people but bugs me. Does anyone run these springs who can tell me how much of a spacer I should slap under the front end to level it out? I’ve got a warn 8000 on the front and a bumper.

7F95B13F-E483-4B1A-B5ED-B52B45EF271A.jpeg

009CCB63-BD45-4BA3-BA8E-83D5B0893AFE.jpeg

50600453-F9B9-4D8C-BE3B-AE1CC87EEFB2.jpeg

Reactions: Tim_with_the_tj
Nice Jeep! Love your wheels and silver paint.

Is the rake with a full tank of gas and what you would normally be carrying? Plans on replacing rear bumper.

I ask because before you add spacers you should load the Jeep how it will normally be driven. If you plan to camp or offroad you may use up that extra inch. Just food for thought.

Nice Jeep! Love your wheels and silver paint.

Is the rake with a full tank of gas and what you would normally be carrying? Plans on replacing rear bumper.

I ask because before you add spacers you should load the Jeep how it will normally be driven. If you plan to camp or offroad you may use up that extra inch. Just food for thought.
You’re right, I’m at a little under a quarter tank but I might just do a 3/4 if anything. I will go gas up and get a picture with the high lift jack raising it up and measure the spring. And I have a spare tire swingout and a rear bumper on it now. I don’t really have that much gear I bring with but I’ll keep thinking. The rear spring measures at dead on 3” lift at 11”. It must be compensating for the tire and bumper because savvy advertises them as a “heavy duty” rear spring

Keep in mind that level in the driveway won't be level the moment you crawl inside. It only get less level as you add more passengers and cargo.

IMO, some rake is good to have and finding level is a pointless endeavor.

Reactions: mrblaine
Keep in mind that level in the driveway won't be level the moment you crawl inside. It only get less level as you add more passengers and cargo.

IMO, some rake is good to have and finding level is a pointless endeavor.
So I measured with a highlift jack at about 3/4 inch or 1 inch higher on the spring not on the flares, and it looked almost level where it wouldn’t bother me. My question is, how different is lifting the Jeep by the bumper by a jack and a spring spacer. How much different would it be lifting it by that or the jack?

So I measured with a highlift jack at about 3/4 inch or 1 inch higher on the spring not on the flares, and it looked almost level where it wouldn’t bother me. My question is, how different is lifting the Jeep by the bumper by a jack and a spring spacer. How much different would it be lifting it by that or the jack?
That was also with full tank of gas

There is your answer then.
My question was is there a difference between how it would look with me lifting it 3/4” by hand or a spacer. I know it’s a dumb question but I didn’t know if there was a difference between that and preloading the spring with a spacer

No difference. If you want to get really really fussy, measure the gap between the bump stops.

Reactions: JMT
I just jacked mine up until it looked level, and it was nearly 1", so I added .75" spacers to make sure I didn't get a reverse rake. It looks a lot better now, at least to me.

Reactions: JMT and astjp2