Savvy/Currie Lower Control Arm Bolts

FarFire70

TJ Addict
Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone else had it where the lower control arm bolts included in the Savvy/Currie control arms are too short. I'm only getting 1 exposed thread past the nut. My experience is you need 2-3 exposed threads for the fastener to be considered secured.

I'm not as surprised on my fronts being even worse as I installed Iron Rock Off Road lower brackets. I'm just really surprised how close they picked with the length that even a slight increase to the bracket thickness makes the bolt not pass completely through the nut.

PXL_20230909_210413532.jpg

PXL_20230909_210421535.jpg

PXL_20230909_210431403.jpg

Are those aftermarket control arm mounts? I know the stock ones have an indent for the washer which might be why the bolts are not quite long enough.

Hopefully someone with more experience can answer fully

Reactions: bbaldwin237
Are those aftermarket control arm mounts? I know the stock ones have an indent for the washer which might be why the bolts are not quite long enough.

Hopefully someone with more experience can answer fully

Yes, the lowers on the front and rear are Iron Rock Off Road brackets. At the frame they're stock.

First pick is front. Second 2 pics are the rear.

I am surprised the bolts provided are this short.

The threads on mine go past the nut about 1/2". Maybe they sent you the wrong bolts.

The threads on mine go past the nut about 1/2". Maybe they sent you the wrong bolts.

Thanks. That's what I would expect...

I may send Savvy a note but, let's be honest, not expecting there would be a resolution...

When did Savvy start sending nyloc nuts?

Strange, mine from February of this year are not nylocs.

Seem plenty long for the Iron Rock Offroad mounts. Now I did check all the hardware when it came as they have a history of mixing up hardware. They sent me the wrong trans mount for the belly skid.

Balancing that nut took patience too!
20230909_224831.jpg

When did Savvy start sending nyloc nuts?

Kit was ordered in Aug of 2020. Maybe this is an issue from the supply issues at that time....
Strange, mine from February of this year are not nylocs.

Seem plenty long for the Iron Rock Offroad mounts. Now I did check all the hardware when it came as they have a history of mixing up hardware. They sent me the wrong trans mount for the belly skid.

Balancing that nut took patience too!
View attachment 456503

Now that is what I was expecting! Appreciate your practice of patience for a great pic! lol

Definitely going to reach out and see if I can get a reply and replacements.

Reactions: Longwhitejeep
Kit was ordered in Aug of 2020. Maybe this is an issue from the supply issues at that time....

Now that is what I was expecting! Appreciate your practice of patience for a great pic! lol

Definitely going to reach out and see if I can get a reply and replacements.

No problem! Hope it works out.

If not, find a place that sells grade 8 by weight and some new hardware. I know tractor supply did at one point but I don't know if they still do or of they sell fine thread grade 8.

Reactions: Irun and FarFire70
I reached out to Gerald at Savvy and he sent me (at no cost to me) a new set of top lock nuts and Grade 8 washers. You can see in the earlier pictures the original washers were about twice as thick as a standard Grade 8 washer.

Gerald was great to communicate with via email. Quick replies and even sent me a second set of the hardware after the first FedEx envelope broke open and the hardware fell out in transit.

What a difference on the thread engagement:

PXL_20231006_223126277.jpg

PXL_20231006_223132667.jpg

PXL_20231006_223138539 (1).jpg