Savvy engine skid out of stock

Ejforan

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
not sure if anyone else is in the same boat but I have been wanting to order the Savvy engine skid for about 4 months now but it has been out of stock on their website the whole time. After a few emails about a month apart they stated they had skids ready to ship in a week both times. I checked the site a couple times every day for a week and a bit but still out of stock. Has anyone had similar experiences and/or know whats been going on?

• Sad
Reactions: JMT
not sure if anyone else is in the same boat but I have been wanting to order the Savvy engine skid for about 4 months now but it has been out of stock on their website the whole time. After a few emails about a month apart they stated they had skids ready to ship in a week both times. I checked the site a couple times every day for a week and a bit but still out of stock. Has anyone had similar experiences and/or know whats been going on?
Set on savvy?UCF has them

You may just need to order. Maybe they are working off backorders, so they were never "in stock" so to speak.

Raw materials are very tough to get, in and the costs have gone up significantly.

I also need one but can’t order one on their website. Not sure what the deal is.

You may just need to order. Maybe they are working off backorders, so they were never "in stock" so to speak.

Raw materials are very tough to get, in and the costs have gone up significantly.
I know that at least one of the laser shops they use has just a skeleton crew still there due to lack of material. I just got notice that a fastener order I placed a couple of weeks ago is cancelled due to no inventory and no current ETA.

I know that at least one of the laser shops they use has just a skeleton crew still there due to lack of material. I just got notice that a fastener order I placed a couple of weeks ago is cancelled due to no inventory and no current ETA.
Yeah, our normally 8 week lead time is trending toward 12-16 weeks, based on availability of raw materials.

• Sad
Reactions: Irun
That is quite unfortunate since the savvy skid was exactly what I was looking for. Barnes has a similar skid made of steel I may end up with since I never liked ufc’s weird bolt battern to the tcase skid since mine is stock.

That is quite unfortunate since the savvy skid was exactly what I was looking for. Barnes has a similar skid made of steel I may end up with since I never liked ufc’s weird bolt battern to the tcase skid since mine is stock.
With the Savvy skid you still have to drill some holes into the stock TC skid.

Sent you a PM.

Just so you know Savvy isn't making the early TJ version skid plates anymore. Looking at your profile you have a 1998 so you're SOL as far as a Savvy skid goes.

This is ONE option if you want to make your own.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...on-cross-member-and-transfer-case-skid.34524/

There was no way to order on their site since it was out of stock.

Build your own---I did---it's a lot cheeper and designed as I want it.

Any idea what is different between early and late? I am curious.

The main difference is the bolt pattern on the frame. Here is a Nth Degree skid that has the old & new patterns on it.

20210911_104152.jpg

The transmission mounts changed in 2003, with the addition of the 42RLE, as did the skid mounts to the frame.

Yes thank you I wasn't thinking about the transmissions. Went from the 32RH to the 42RLE in the auto class. I don't remember what year they went to the 6 speed from the 5 speed manual. If you look at the picture of the Nth Degree skid you'll notice the multiple holes for the different transmission mounts.