Savvy GTS assembly question…

MichaelGH

Hemi ‘97
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Assembling my Savvy Gas Tank Skid Plate. During my test fit I never realized the gap between the side tabs of the rear hanger bracket and the skid plate itself. Do these get cranked down so the bracket and the skid plate touches? I feel like I will bend the plate sides in before the steel hanger flexes out enough. I can’t imagine I’d crack the welds but that concern has entered my mind as well…

Advice from people that have done it before would be very much appreciated!

The gap on the other side is about half the width of this side…

524429FF-9917-4E9D-9F61-7E6314E9E1CE.png

Assembling my Savvy Gas Tank Skid Plate. During my test fit I never realized the gap between the side tabs of the rear hanger bracket and the skid plate itself. Do these get cranked down so the bracket and the skid plate touches? I feel like I will bend the plate sides in before the steel hanger flexes out enough. I can’t imagine I’d crack the welds but that concern has entered my mind as well…

Advice from people that have done it before would be very much appreciated!

The gap on the other side is about half the width of this side…

View attachment 268440
Will you please just put your purse down for a few seconds and tighten that damn thing?

Ok, that’s done and out of the way thankfully…

Next question. I am using the top row of holes in the steel brackets to suck the GTS closer to the body ( I have the Savvy 1.25” body lift). On the tank straps I have two sets of holes as well. I ASSume I need to use the bottom hole in the straps as to lengthen them. Some pictures online only show the straps with a single hole. And I cannot find actual instructions anywhere…

Ok, that’s done and out of the way thankfully…

Next question. I am using the top row of holes in the steel brackets to suck the GTS closer to the body ( I have the Savvy 1.25” body lift). On the tank straps I have two sets of holes as well. I ASSume I need to use the bottom hole in the straps as to lengthen them. Some pictures online only show the straps with a single hole. And I cannot find actual instructions anywhere…
There are no straps with the single hole. Each has two holes to compensate for the wide variety of tank sizes. Ideally you want the ends of the u at the tank to be about an inch apart. If you mess up and wind up with them further, use the longer Allen cap screws to reach the strap dowels. I start with one up one down on the holes and go from there. The strap holes do not correspond to raising or lowering the skid solely, the tanks vary in size a bunch.

Reactions: MichaelGH
There are no straps with the single hole. Each has two holes to compensate for the wide variety of tank sizes. Ideally you want the ends of the u at the tank to be about an inch apart. If you mess up and wind up with them further, use the longer Allen cap screws to reach the strap dowels. I start with one up one down on the holes and go from there. The strap holes do not correspond to raising or lowering the skid solely, the tanks vary in size a bunch.
Understood. A bit of trialing will need to be done when I drop my tank out of my Jeep…

Thank you for the assistance good sir…

Reactions: mrblaine