Savvy (nonexistent) customer service

accidentproneroane

This isn't really how I envisioned my first post going, but...

Back in June, I ordered a 3" TJ kit from Savvy. Everything showed up in a timely manner; however, this has been a side project for my mechanic at work and we needed to address other issues (like getting it running smoothly) before moving on to the lift kit.

Anyway, we finally got to the springs, which is the purpose for this post.

The front springs installed perfectly and look correct; however, when we installed the rear springs, the Jeep sits way too high. With that said, the fuel tank and rear seats are removed... but I weigh 260ish pounds (last time I was on a scale). With me standing in the back, it still sits too high. So we started searching part numbers to be sure we received the correct springs.

Part numbers shipped to me
Rear: CE 9131 RH1(3" LJ rear springs)
Front: CE 9133 F1 (3" TJ front springs)

At this point, I reached out to Savvy with all the the details and photos of the springs and the Jeep.
First, I called the phone number on their website. That directed me to either email or text that phone number. So I emailed the address on the website on 9/14. I received no response, so I sent a text on 9/15. On 9/16, having received no response, I reached out on Facebook. No response. on 9/17, I followed up with another Facebook message, which is when I finally received a message from them telling me that the CE 9131 RH1 are the correct springs. They asked if it was sitting high and for a photo of the Jeep, which I promptly provided. I was then told that currie/rock jock had been changing part numbers, as if it is somehow someone else's fault that they shipped me the wrong parts, and that the person would reach out to Gerald to "see what [they] can do."
They then asked if the gas tank that is sitting on the floor in the photo of the jeep was the tank for the jeep, which is when I explained to them that even with 270lbs directly over the axle, it still sits too high. This was the last communication from them, on 17 Sept. Request for updated information sent to the same message chain have been seen, but ignored, despite sending screenshots of the currie/rockjock website with part numbers.

On Friday 9/24, I called currie/rockjock to make sure that I was in fact correct and that I was ordering the correct replacement parts. I then informed savvy that I would be ordering the correct part number directly from currie/rockjock and that I would COD the originals back to them in the amount of $250 (which is the amount spent on the replacement springs)+shipping for the parts I ordered and the shipment back to Savvy. Still... No response.

Who runs this place? How are they still in business if they refuse to provide customer service? Has anyone else had similar issues? Does anyone have contact information for someone who will actually address the issue? I have screenshots of everything I've sent and will happily provide those, if needed.

242041849_442712550401131_8069668729496173283_n.jpg

242091402_257991199525371_5778952773241261871_n.jpg

242099154_400669561440564_6541285304324626194_n.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 9.35.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 9.38.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 9.43.05 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: CherokeeKid
Ahhh, another Savvy customer service thread. These threads pop up occasionally. I always leave it to @mrblaine to explain.

This isn't really how I envisioned my first post going, but...

Back in June, I ordered a 3" TJ kit from Savvy. Everything showed up in a timely manner; however, this has been a side project for my mechanic at work and we needed to address other issues (like getting it running smoothly) before moving on to the lift kit.

Anyway, we finally got to the springs, which is the purpose for this post.

The front springs installed perfectly and look correct; however, when we installed the rear springs, the Jeep sits way too high. With that said, the fuel tank and rear seats are removed... but I weigh 260ish pounds (last time I was on a scale). With me standing in the back, it still sits too high. So we started searching part numbers to be sure we received the correct springs.

Part numbers shipped to me
Rear: CE 9131 RH1(3" LJ rear springs)
Front: CE 9133 F1 (3" TJ front springs)

At this point, I reached out to Savvy with all the the details and photos of the springs and the Jeep.
First, I called the phone number on their website. That directed me to either email or text that phone number. So I emailed the address on the website on 9/14. I received no response, so I sent a text on 9/15. On 9/16, having received no response, I reached out on Facebook. No response. on 9/17, I followed up with another Facebook message, which is when I finally received a message from them telling me that the CE 9131 RH1 are the correct springs. They asked if it was sitting high and for a photo of the Jeep, which I promptly provided. I was then told that currie/rock jock had been changing part numbers, as if it is somehow someone else's fault that they shipped me the wrong parts, and that the person would reach out to Gerald to "see what [they] can do."
They then asked if the gas tank that is sitting on the floor in the photo of the jeep was the tank for the jeep, which is when I explained to them that even with 270lbs directly over the axle, it still sits too high. This was the last communication from them, on 17 Sept. Request for updated information sent to the same message chain have been seen, but ignored, despite sending screenshots of the currie/rockjock website with part numbers.

On Friday 9/24, I called currie/rockjock to make sure that I was in fact correct and that I was ordering the correct replacement parts. I then informed savvy that I would be ordering the correct part number directly from currie/rockjock and that I would COD the originals back to them in the amount of $250 (which is the amount spent on the replacement springs)+shipping for the parts I ordered and the shipment back to Savvy. Still... No response.

Who runs this place? How are they still in business if they refuse to provide customer service? Has anyone else had similar issues? Does anyone have contact information for someone who will actually address the issue? I have screenshots of everything I've sent and will happily provide those, if needed.

View attachment 279503

View attachment 279504

View attachment 279505

View attachment 279506

View attachment 279507

View attachment 279508
I've played that "stand in the back to mimic loads" bullshit too many times. Don't even bother trying to figure out where ride height is until you have it how it is going to be when you drive it.

Might be fine after the weight of fuel, tools, hard top, doors, you in the seat, maybe a passenger plus settling?

I've dealt with Savvy numerous times over the years. Are they slow getting stuff out,....sometimes.
Are they slow to answer e-mails.... yes. Are they a pain to get on the phone.... yes.
But.... I have never had an issue with an order.
I will continue to deal with them because they supply a good product.
I am quite sure once you get them on the phone, your problem will be resolved.

Last edited:
I've played that "stand in the back to mimic loads" bullshit too many times. Don't even bother trying to figure out where ride height is until you have it how it is going to be when you drive it.
I appreciate where you're coming from, but you have failed, yet again, to actually address the issue that I was sent incorrect parts by your company. I called and verified with currie which springs are the correct ones for a TJ. Searching YOUR website for the part number I received brings up the part number I SHOULD have received, not the part I actually searched. You sent me the wrong parts, is all I see. All I want is for your company to make it right, and nobody will actually have that conversation. As I said in my Facebook messages to your company, if its right and you can show me its right, then it's right and I'll move forward and see where it settles when everything is complete. But just telling me to shut up and color isn't going to do it. I am not going to continue to spend money when everything I can find indicates that I was sent the wrong parts.

And as for another comment above, the jeep isn't getting doors, a hard top, or a rear seat.

Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 10.35.40 AM.png

50 people will pile on about how wonderful Savvy is, can do no wrong, etc, etc.

I don't have a dog in this fight, and I don't have an opinion one way or another on Savvy or their customer service as I've never dealt with them. They certainly seem to have an excellent product line. BUT - being that I'm a facebook refusenik and I consider texting to be unprofessional at best - being asked to do the latter, and having to try the former in desperation completely stinks. Companies need to answer the phone, and if they can't - they need to return emails in a timely fashion. A complete pet peeve of mine. Unfortunately, companies will spend a kazillion dollars on a nice website, then completely ignore contact forms and emails - some of these companies are Fortune 500 or even Fortune 50! Having to "text" or use a 3rd party website - esp. a 3rd party website of ill repute - doesn't cut it.

I recently dealt with a very small, one man company. He does NOT return emails (I tried), and states up front on his website that he has a 4 to 10 week lead time as he's slammed. He also states to get in touch with him to use facebook. Unprofessional as hell as far as I'm concerned. BUT - I ordered his product anyway as he has a stellar reputation. At 11 weeks I tried email with no response. No other way for me to contact him, so I just held on and hoped. Didn't even get a shipping notification, but about 2 weeks later, the product showed up unlooked for. And its beautiful - but thank Goddess there wasn't a problem with it, there's no public way to reach the guy!

Last edited:
Savvy isn't Blaine's company.
I'm not the one that dragged him into it. I didn't mention him by name. I don't know who he is, but it sure seems like someone thought he'd have all of the answers to savvy's refusal to address the situation.

I own a multi-million dollar company with thousands of customers per day. When my company fails to deliver, we address the situation as quickly as possible to ensure that we continue to have that customer, in the future. I've demonstrated the problem, as I see it and nobody I've reached out to has been willing to fix it or even consider that maybe they screwed up. That's why I'm here. If it's right, show me its right. I've shown why I think it's wrong and NOBODY has even attempted to show me how it's right, just to basically tell me to shut up and color. That isn't an answer.

Savvy isn't Blaine's company. And make no mistake, Savvy is a very small manufacturer for enthusiasts, they don't have a large staff. Responses are not always fast but they'll fix any legitimate issues.
That's all good - it really is - but if they have staff to surf a 3rd party website, they have staff to answer emails. Where's the professionalism? Where's the priority? Slow? Not ideal, but possibly understandable. Responding on a shit 3rd party website and NOT answer emails? Doesn't paint them in a good light.

Reactions: skrelnik
I'm not the one that dragged him into it. I didn't mention him by name. I don't know who he is, but it sure seems like someone thought he'd have all of the answers to savvy's refusal to address the situation.

I own a multi-million dollar company with thousands of customers per day. When my company fails to deliver, we address the situation as quickly as possible to ensure that we continue to have that customer, in the future. I've demonstrated the problem, as I see it and nobody I've reached out to has been willing to fix it or even consider that maybe they screwed up. That's why I'm here. If it's right, show me its right. I've shown why I think it's wrong and NOBODY has even attempted to show me how it's right, just to basically tell me to shut up and color. That isn't an answer.
Please tell me your company answers emails and contact forms, and doesn't force your customers to use a 3rd party website...

Please tell me your company answers emails and contact forms, and doesn't force your customers to use a 3rd party website...
I lot of my customers have my personal phone number. Especially if they've ever had a problem with my company. Not all. But it's relatively easy to find and if people do reach out on a third-party website, they're reaching out to me, directly, not an employee. Or they're reaching out to the company we contract for, which means that myself or my manger (who is a board member) receive that information first. Depending on the situation, one of my employees may be the one to reach back out to them, but I get the information first.

I lot of my customers have my personal phone number. Especially if they've ever had a problem with my company. Not all. But it's relatively easy to find and if people do reach out on a third-party website, they're reaching out to me, directly, not an employee. Or they're reaching out to the company we contract for, which means that myself or my manger (who is a board member) receive that information first. Depending on the situation, one of my employees may be the one to reach back out to them, but I get the information first.
But does someone from your company answer emails and contact forms?

Did you order from rockjock4x4.com or savvyoffroad.com
The original order was through savvyoffroad.com. The order for the correct springs, since savvy refuses to address the situation, was through rockjock4x4.com- who actually answered the phone when I called customer service... Like a real business does.