Savvy slider base opinions wanted

The Billy rockers from Nemisis look interesting, but the rub rails aren't removable. Not that scrapes and dents are likely. Well, I could drop off on a stump. That's about the perfect height and size to destroy the rocker area.

I like the looks of the C&C Fab, and rocker guards of that style. I wonder if that's to much leverage on the body panels though. Maybe they are 40 pounds, each? That's almost plausible.
40 lbs each is much more plausible to me. I took notes of the phone conversation, but did not note whether it was a single side or the pair. Seeing that most are 3/16" steel, 80lbs is more reasonable.

Motobilt also has a rock slider for our TJ's. I just mention them because I think they are a good company with some interesting products.

I'm not sure if you want a step or not to aid in ingress and egress. Not having a step saves weight, of course.

40 lbs each is much more plausible to me. I took notes of the phone conversation, but did not note whether it was a single side or the pair. Seeing that most are 3/16" steel, 80lbs is more reasonable.

Motobilt also has a rock slider for our TJ's. I just mention them because I think they are a good company with some interesting products.

I'm not sure if you want a step or not to aid in ingress and egress. Not having a step saves weight, of course.
I read through your thread on sliders twice now. Very good thread. Thank you for putting all the effort into it.

I'm still exploring what I'll do. The criteria has boiled down to keep the rocker sheet metal as straight as is reasonably possible from the inevitable bumps and bruises, keep the weight reasonable and good build quality. Paint over powder coat. Tie into the body torque boxes and good backing plates. I don't think steps are a thing, really. My 5' 4" sweetheart does pull ups to get in now, so any changes to lift height are still going to have her doing that.

Once you get into backing plates, you're into a higher class slider, as you know, as long as I understand you to refer to small steel plates that are mounted inside the tub of the Jeep so the bolts have very good support on the other side of the thin sheet metal. Not as many options there; TNT (purchased separately), JCR, Savvy, Genright (the absolute best, purchased separately)...I've always thought you could easily get some backing plates fabbed up cheaply if the sliders you like don't come with them.

I have the JCR, untested so far. Just showing off here!
IMG_9493.JPG

IMG_9495.JPG

Once you get into backing plates, you're into a higher class slider, as you know, as long as I understand you to refer to small steel plates that are mounted inside the tub of the Jeep so the bolts have very good support on the other side of the thin sheet metal. Not as many options there; TNT (purchased separately), JCR, Savvy, Genright (the absolute best, purchased separately)...I've always thought you could easily get some backing plates fabbed up cheaply if the sliders you like don't come with them.

I have the JCR, untested so far. Just showing off here!
View attachment 52601
View attachment 52602

And I thought I was the picture whore! Lol!

Reactions: tomtaylz
You might just look into having a Fab shop bend up a piece of aluminum. Double break the edge around the tub, add spacers underneath as necessary to mate up with the torque box, and cut to fit. I was seriously contemplating going down this road, and may still, but I got a great deal on the JCR sliders.

Reactions: JMT and StG58
You might just look into having a Fab shop bend up a piece of aluminum. Double break the edge around the tub, add spacers underneath as necessary to mate up with the torque box, and cut to fit. I was seriously contemplating going down this road, and may still, but I got a great deal on the JCR sliders.
The thought crossed my mind. The sheet metal shop at work has a ton of off road guys working in it. They do some pretty amazing stuff. (After hours) The company charges "drop prices" (scrap value) for material. One of the guys I hang with, who works in the pallet systems machine shop, was looking at a set of control arms and laughed. Told me to figure out dimensions, and he'd bust a set out on break. Haven't pulled the trigger on any of it yet.

Not a bad way to go though. Hmmm...full custom TJ. I wonder if any of the engineers are bored.

@Motobilt is one of the few companies still building new things for our TJ’s and on top of that they are building everything here in the USA

They are coming out with some new high line stuff for our TJ/LJ’s here in the near future.

@Motobilt is one of the few companies still building new things for our TJ’s and on top of that they are building everything here in the USA

They are coming out with some new high line stuff for our TJ/LJ’s here in the near future.
That is good news! Anxiously awaiting a new highline option.

Reactions: StG58
Look at all of their products as a whole and you'll quickly realize that they build Jeeps so the tub cracks apart.
AtoZ makes a good simple slider that attaches to the tub the correct way. And they offer a wheel well to wheel well version. For me, it's either them or Savvy.

Reactions: StG58
A04B852A-5F09-45EE-A486-DC452F38A2C7.jpeg
Need opinions on using Savvy slider base without the slider rails.

I'm thinking of using the Savvy slider base without the rock rails to protect the rocker area on the SE. It's mostly dirt and logs, with few rocks involved. Just really don't want to bend body work up more than I have to in the back country.

Opinions on this application?
I was thinking the same thing but went with the step also and I am really happy with the end product. Body painted the slider and powder coat the step with seam sealer against the body to keep the sand and mud out. Very solid and great quality IMO

View attachment 52893
I was thinking the same thing but went with the step also and I am really happy with the end product. Body painted the slider and powder coat the step with seam sealer against the body to keep the sand and mud out. Very solid and great quality IMO

Looks great I plan on doing the same color scheme in the future.

AtoZ makes a good simple slider that attaches to the tub the correct way. And they offer a wheel well to wheel well version. For me, it's either them or Savvy.
X2. If I couldn't afford Savvy I'd go with AtoZ who makes quality stuff.

Warn rock sliders have a kinda 3/4 formed round lower part. The strength of a tube, but not a tube. I have those on my Jeep.
I always kind of wondered. The pics of the Warn Rock Sliders online are tiny. I thought there was a rounded part near the bend on the tub, but I could never tell for sure. I liked them, especially since I have a rear Warn Rock Crawler bumper, but I could never tell for sure, plus, I wanted a rock slider that doubled as a step and I don’t think the Warn has that. Thanks for this info though. It’s good to know (and I would love to see a good pic of yours if you have one)
@alittleoff thanks for the close ups.
@JMT of course I am a bit biased, but the Warn sliders are the most aesthetically pleasing. With just a slider with a rounded lip is minimal yet it works when you need it.

More than a few times I have seen folks complain about the Warn sliders lacking a step. When I saw the Warn sliders, the first thing I thought was “what would it look like with a step and some grip tape..?” So naturally I added a step. Custom Warn rock sliders for your enjoyment. Any reputable shop could do it for you if you dont have access to a bender and/or welder.
Ill try to get some better pics soon for your slider thread @JMT
FDFAE6D6-5487-41AD-A127-08A3C0597103.jpeg

Reactions: JMT and alittleoff