Savvy strikes again!

As far as the aluminum skid. In Saavy’s defense. I sell aluminum clad windows in the residential housing market. Andersen Eagle series is 53 week lead time because of aluminum problems. So if they normally sent stuff regular like that. Don’t hold your breath. I’m not.
Ah, I see you’re a man of culture as well. We’re favorable towards the Jeld-Wen folks, but our Andersen rep is pretty cute, so we use them here and there to keep her around ;)

X2. Anyone believing they're really getting "free" shipping has to realize that SOMEONE is paying for it and it's not the vendor or manufacturer. They're simply including its cost in the purchase price.
I guess some people never herd the saying there's no such thing as a free lunch

This reminds of when the government tax corporations. I own a small family corporation and employee around 20 people, tax me all you want and will be mailing in a check for that amount. Then guess what you stupid fucks, that believe taxing me will pay for your free programs.
I raise my prices just like EVER other large or small corporation / company to cover these increased taxes. I don't PAY SHIT the people that hire me or buy those products do.

Now if you buy a product that is offering free shipping it only to compete with others offering free shipping, it's built into the costs. Now if the company you are buying from and they are running a special offer for free shipping then great you were able to save a few bucks. So actually they are just reducing the profits or trying to dump some overstocked items

Reactions: Jamison C
I guess some people never herd the saying there's no such thing as a free lunch

This reminds of when the government tax corporations. I own a small family corporation and employee around 20 people, tax me all you want and will be mailing in a check for that amount. Then guess what you stupid fucks, that believe taxing me will pay for your free programs.
I raise my prices just like EVER other large or small corporation / company to cover these increased taxes. I don't PAY SHIT the people that hire me or buy those products do.

Now if you buy a product that is offering free shipping it only to compete with others offering free shipping, it's built into the costs. Now if the company you are buying from and they are running a special offer for free shipping then great you were able to save a few bucks. So actually they are just reducing the profits or trying to dump some overstocked items
I have never understood why one side believes that taxing companies at a higher rate will do what they think. All they do is turn companies into larger tax collectors for the .gov and drive up costs. No one absorbs them, they pass that increase right along to the end user so the very folks who agree with and want that crap wind up paying more just like everyone else.

Spoiler alert: it doesn't... Except it's color matched if your jeep is black.

I bought mine a little more than a year ago and it was only $133.

This is the first time in my life that inflation has been noticeable in the short term. It's always been a very slow creep that I didn't really think about except "I remember when this cost x, 15 years ago".

Our ancestors would have been doing French Revolution $#!+ over what our government has done to our livelihoods in the past two years.

I have a total of 9 invoices from Savvy. Totaling $6163 between 2011 and 2015. Everything was top notch. Gerald sometimes even the phone! So I am a happy Savvy fanboy and then some!

THis is the body lift in 2011

T-shirt is great. Color black matches my Jeep.

Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 10.06.47 AM.png

IMG_2759.jpg

Last edited:
I have a total of 9 invoices from Savvy. Totaling $6163 between 2011 and 2015. Everything was top notch. Gerald sometimes even the phone.1 So I am a happy Savvy fanboy and then some!

THis is the body lift in 2011

T-shirt is great. Color back matches my Jeep.

View attachment 333165

View attachment 333171

so the body lift was the same price from 2011 to 2021 and then jumped almost 30% in one year. That's exactly what I'm talking about with inflation. We signed a contract with a GC to build a house last August and the cost jumped 20% by the time we actually got our plans finalized and were ready to break ground in January. Guess what hasn't gone up 30% this year? My paycheck. Let's go Brandon, indeed.

• Sad
Reactions: Apparition
It's pretty incredible that Savvy hasn't continously increased their prices. Especially when all of their competitors did back when Trump put the tarrifs on metals.

so the body lift was the same price from 2011 to 2021 and then jumped almost 30% in one year. That's exactly what I'm talking about with inflation. We signed a contract with a GC to build a house last August and the cost jumped 20% by the time we actually got our plans finalized and were ready to break ground in January. Guess what hasn't gone up 30% this year? My paycheck. Let's go Brandon, indeed.

It sounds like you might want to talk to your employer about increased cost of living. And by living, I mean Jeep parts.

Aluminum is dumb. We've been averaging 1800 a metric ton, now it is averaging 2400 and higher.

1653661482031.png

Ah, I see you’re a man of culture as well. We’re favorable towards the Jeld-Wen folks, but our Andersen rep is pretty cute, so we use them here and there to keep her around ;)
Oh ya. I have people That do that for me anymores. I sell em all. Just depends on lead time now. Silverline vinyl regular series is like 2 weeks gold. I am in Arkansas and have taken clients on private jets to the Andersen plant 2 times over the years. Good times. Love the brand.

I'm guessing you've never been down on your luck and had to get a meal at a homeless shelter? "Free lunch" is a good thing. Keep in mind that 35+% of Americans think Biden is doing a great job and EVERYTHING is fine. These people aren't the $30,000 a year income people .
p.s. It's "heard".
p.p.s. MY brother pays cash for new vehicles yearly and they voted for Brandon because Donald was so mean. Inflation doesn't make a dent in his lifestyle and I now pay $120 a week in gas for my self employed job. I haven't spoken to him since Christmas and we live 2 miles away from each other. Shit happens.
Well I guess it goes to show you that 35% of the people can’t admit when they made a wrong decision. Ask them to name half a dozen things Biden has done they are prou of 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Daryl
Oh ya. I have people That do that for me anymores. I sell em all. Just depends on lead time now. Silverline vinyl regular series is like 2 weeks gold. I am in Arkansas and have taken clients on private jets to the Andersen plant 2 times over the years. Good times. Love the brand.
That’s really cool, they seem like a great company. Andersen opened a massive manufacturing facility in 2019 just a couple hours south of me. Pretty impressive place if you haven’t been. I think Heritage (owned by Andersen) is working on a facility too.

We just picked up a vinyl manufacturer that has a 20-day lead time from order to delivery. Really nice for remodels and middle class residential. We deal mostly in aluminum/wood clad for the higher end homes.

Reactions: CptnMurica
Data really puts things in perspective....wow!
Chatted with a manufacturer who uses special mill runs of aluminum tube. They have blanket orders. The last one was placed a year before the order was fulfilled and they do not do the run unless it is paid in full. 6 weeks after delivery they were sent a bill for the difference in price equal to about a 2 dollar per pound increase. Mill runs are not low quantities.

Chatted with a manufacturer who uses special mill runs of aluminum tube. They have blanket orders. The last one was placed a year before the order was fulfilled and they do not do the run unless it is paid in full. 6 weeks after delivery they were sent a bill for the difference in price equal to about a 2 dollar per pound increase. Mill runs are not low quantities.
That is a very big ouch! :(

Good info man’

Reactions: Irun
That's some dirty pool, right there. We let customers place blankets too... But we honor our prices. Next order though...

Reactions: Irun