Savvy transfer case shifter cable install?

I didn't remove the TCase Skid or the Driveshaft and things went just fine. I'm sure it would give more room to work with though. It does help to have a pair of helping hands above to shift the TCase lever as you watch below. Building a dream TJ there!

Reactions: Chris
Mine went in months ago and eliminated any more thoughts of Tcase shift issues. I should have made more adjustment on the handle side allowing me to make more 4 low engagement. At some point I’ll adjust it a few more turns the allowing me to tune the other end. Now I’m at the end of adjustment.

Reactions: Chris and JMT
Well, I installed mine yesterday and it went ok. I did remove my skid plate but not the driveline. I used some duct tape on the bolts to help hold them in place till I could get under the jeep. The tape trick worked, it allowed me to get the nuts started just enough to finger tighten them then I went back up and tightened them up....bingo! Didn't need a second pair of hands.

The hard part was getting at the 2 bolts on the transfer case to secure the other bracket. I eventually got at them and was able to get it secured. Then hooked up the linkage and connected to both ends. Took a bit longer then I thought but for having no directions and researching the internet, I was able to figure it out. The lever seems to go into each gear nicely, can't imagine why Mopar would use such a cheap design. Oh well, at least the cable will be better. Now onto the body lift as my next project.

Reactions: MikeE024 and Chris
I have the Novak. One of my TJ buddies here never heard of these. I asked him to get in my Jeep and try shifting the TC. He came out pie eyed and wonderously asked my how I did that. It was pretty funny.

Am I doing something wrong or is the clevis pin too big to fit into the holes of the hardware it’s supposed to go in? Do I have to drill the holes bigger?

E7392546-C6E8-4784-8B89-547761FD9B79.jpeg

02C9A711-CC4B-40D9-82AB-B80AA9BFE054.jpeg

Am I doing something wrong or is the clevis pin too big to fit into the holes of the hardware it’s supposed to go in? Do I have to drill the holes bigger?

View attachment 83911

View attachment 83912

I didn’t have any issue with mine so the coatings must be thicker on yours for some reason. I would just ream them out and run with it unless you want send it back an wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jazngab

View attachment 83911

View attachment 83912
Hardware company put in the wrong clevis pins. Drill it out slightly clamped in a vise or get in touch and wait for the right ones to show up.

Reactions: Hotrodbud
They have a contract with a hardware company. Apparently the FNG at the hardware company can't check his own work.
Is it possible to pick up the correct size pin at Home Depot? If not who do I contact for the right hardware?

Mine didn’t have that issue. May be a hardware issue. My hardware was missing one piece. Just email Gerald

What piece were you missing? So I can check to see if I have all the parts.

image.jpg

They have a contract with a hardware company. Apparently the FNG at the hardware company can't check his own work.
I know. It’s all good. Just that small clevis pin. Not Savvy’s fault.

Is it possible to pick up the correct size pin at Home Depot? If not who do I contact for the right hardware?
I am unaware of Home Depot's stocking inventory so I have no way to answer that question. Contact Savvy. I already sent Michael an email telling him to check the hardware kits.

I am unaware of Home Depot's stocking inventory so I have no way to answer that question. Contact Savvy. I already sent Michael an email telling him to check the hardware kits.
Ok thanks.

The Clevis pin. Fortunately I could run 15 miles to town and pick one up at Ace.
Looks like I’ll be checking out my local Ace

After reading this i had to run and open my hardware kit and check. My fits perfectly. It must be a one off mistake.

I will say this. It takes alot to impress me now a days. I was impressed with the way this kit is built. I was not expecting the plates to be so thick. And the cable so stout. I won't be worried about it failing in my lifetime.

Edit.... still wish they would have provided instructions. Or at least a card with a link to get them ( i have them now thanks to this forum)

After reading this i had to run and open my hardware kit and check. My fits perfectly. It must be a one off mistake.

I will say this. It takes alot to impress me now a days. I was impressed with the way this kit is built. I was not expecting the plates to be so thick. And the cable so stout. I won't be worried about it failing in my lifetime.

View attachment 83926
Yep, it is going to be like our screw-ups. Get one rotor with a centerbore slightly out of spec and open and check 50 of them only to find that there is only one. I despise that shit with a passion.

Edit.... still wish they would have provided instructions. Or at least a card with a link to get them ( i have them now thanks to this forum)

View attachment 83926
Have you not installed yours yet?