Savvy tummy tuck / under armor install

Do you need to relocate the rear axle shock mounts to rotate the pinion up like this?
I used Currie relocation brackets. This isn't to rotate the pinion as your question implies. The brackets are necessary in order to get the shock body away from the lower spring bucket due to the pinion angle changing.

Reactions: Muddyjeep276
I finally got around to installing the engine skid after it sat in the garage floor for nearly two months.
526B73AB-8D54-4227-A298-AB1765E9549E.jpeg
36055A4D-A20A-4702-AA31-360AE291C980.jpeg

Just to clarify, I am replacing the pan with a new oem unit along with the rear main seal next oil change. It never leaked prior to the rock gardens but now I will not have it happen again!

I'm in the same boat on that. Did you have to drill holes where it looks like it mounts to the other skid? Don't remember seeing any on that side. Unless I put it on backwards haha 😂 also I didn't mash the tub up in and I'm pretty sure the TCase is against the tub. It sounds good aweful inside! I need to fix that. I hope that's all it is. Adjusted pinion angles pretty close I think.

@mattcogdell

What degree did you set your pinion angle for the rear diff?

Honestly I'm not sure. I read where you basically just set the rear pinion in line or just a degree or so below the top double cardan ujoint and then the same with the front only a little higher and so far it drives fine with no vibes up to about 60mph. Also little update. I was able to mash the tub some and get a little clearance there and it's night and day for sound in the Jeep driving. Pretty sure it fixed the sound issue. Just did it Sunday.

Honestly I'm not sure. I read where you basically just set the rear pinion in line or just a degree or so below the top double cardan ujoint and then the same with the front only a little higher and so far it drives fine with no vibes up to about 60mph. Also little update. I was able to mash the tub some and get a little clearance there and it's night and day for sound in the Jeep driving. Pretty sure it fixed the sound issue. Just did it Sunday.

If you wouldn't mind, could you put an angle finder on the bottom of your pinion. I am about to be in the same boat as you with a 3" spring lift, MML and BL, SYE and CV Driveshaft, and a 14 degree pinion angle. I would like to estimate what my pinion angle is going to be after my Savvy Tummy tuck so I can cut or adjust some brackets (mainly shocks and spring buckets). It's really hard to find any final pinion angle after a lift and savvy tummy tuck. The problem is I have a regular length SYE and not the super short and want to see if I will have to switch to a Super Short. Appreciate the future help.

If you wouldn't mind, could you put an angle finder on the bottom of your pinion. I am about to be in the same boat as you with a 3" spring lift, MML and BL, SYE and CV Driveshaft, and a 14 degree pinion angle. I would like to estimate what my pinion angle is going to be after my Savvy Tummy tuck so I can cut or adjust some brackets (mainly shocks and spring buckets). It's really hard to find any final pinion angle after a lift and savvy tummy tuck. The problem is I have a regular length SYE and not the super short and want to see if I will have to switch to a Super Short. Appreciate the future help.

You want the pinon to end up being about a degree low relative to the driveshaft. The DC will be what it will be. With a 4" spring and Savvy skid, mine is a bit more than 18 degrees.

Yea I'll have to order an idiot proof digital one and check it out. Be nice to have one anyways. If you're not in a huge hurry. I'll do that and post back. When I get it.

Perfectly fine. Sounds like you'll be around 17 degrees but just wanted to double check. I'm going to set my pinion around there and see what kind of binding I get from my driveshaft after jacking the transfer case up about 2.5".

Reactions: Wade Durbin
When I set my magnet finder on bottom of rear pinion. It came in right about 26 When I set it on the driveshaft. It was about 26 also. I did it this way because it was the best place to set it and feel sturdy for a reading. If this is incorrect. Let me know.
1598399251719.png

Drive, it with the front disconnected. Vibration? No, good job. Yes, keep adjusting.

Drive, it with the front disconnected. Vibration? No, good job. Yes, keep adjusting.

Hmm never heard that yet. Currently it drives pretty well in my opinion with no noticable vibration. The front pinion did seem like it was about 2 degrees less than the front driveshaft though which I've read is not set right. Will most likely need to adjust front upper arms for that since the lowers are burried already.

Thought I had today. If I were to put a 2 inch or 4 inch larger diameter tire on (33 to 35 or 37) that should help raise the differential some and help level out driveline correct??

Hmm never heard that yet. Currently it drives pretty well in my opinion with no noticable vibration. The front pinion did seem like it was about 2 degrees less than the front driveshaft though which I've read is not set right. Will most likely need to adjust front upper arms for that since the lowers are burried already.

Thought I had today. If I were to put a 2 inch or 4 inch larger diameter tire on (33 to 35 or 37) that should help raise the differential some and help level out driveline correct??

Rear driveline can be eye balled and dialed in by feel. Front needs adjustment till you get good return to center and no vibes. The only measurements I’d worry with is centering the axles.

Rear driveline can be eye balled and dialed in by feel. Front needs adjustment till you get good return to center and no vibes. The only measurements I’d worry with is centering the axles.

Thanks for the advice. Like I said though, as of now, nothing seems to be giving me any vibes surprisingly. I didn't do any measurements on axle centering other than the old eye ball check 🧐