Seat belt wiring?

I proved it today… since the day I got my new to me 97 tj the seatbelt light has been on and there was no chime… I tried everything to turn it off, unplugging the connection under the seat, testing the wiring and the seatbelt itself… so today for shits and giggles I took the cluster out and low And behold the airbag light was burned out… swapped it with another bulb and plugged it back in and now the seatbelt light goes out, and chimes, and the airbag light stays on… fix one problem and find another… oh well!

So, the seat belt warning does chime? Hmm. Mine won't chime anymore, and I don't know why. It doesn't stay on either, if I don't engage my seat belt. I replaced the seat belt switch with a new one. Tomorrow, I plan to buy a new Mopar ignition switch, because that is supposed to solve the Key-in chime not working when the door is open. I recently locked my keys in my car because of this missing function. Maybe that will fix my selt belt warning too. My mechanic said that he will take care of it. I really don't have time to diagnose all these things. Thanks for the information.

Reactions: 97JadeTJ
If you break the plastic dick on the ignition actuator, the key in chime will not work..

J135704?obj=car&wid=1200&hei=900&sharpen=1.jpg

Yes, it comes on when starting the Jeep, but then it goes out, after a second or two, whether my seat belt is engaged or not.

Sounds to me like you have an open on the seatbelt indicator circuit.