Seat Bushings

Still the same as it was installed. The nylon is robust. Way better than 3D printed plastic/rubber.
Just did this fix to my seat and it is rock solid now. Thanks for putting in the work and figuring out a better solution.

Wow, that's pretty pricey for some simple 3D printed parts. My driver seat is a little wobbly - are these bushings the reason? Is there a resource or write-up about this? I might need to model and print some of these. I already printed replacement shims for my Bestop rear seat after I broke the original plastic pieces.

View attachment 194909

I just broke one of my rear seat shims. You got an etsy page for those? I don't have access to a 3d printer 😕

I need to replace one on my passanger seat. Just found this on my floor:
4025E6C0-C61B-467D-819B-E55E4C5AE804.jpeg

I had to look up some history to remember the chain of events, but I can say this about these products:

I initially bought and used the "Stable Seat" (3D-printed) brand via Etsy in May 2020. They went on fine, no real problems.

Then...

I see I bought the "615 South" (3D-printed) brand via Amazon in August 2020. I bought them because I had one of the Stable Seat replacements break or shatter when I put the flip seat down hard and decided to try another maker's product.

I also liked the two-pieces that went around the top peg vs. the single notched piece.

So far, I think that one failure is all I've had. I occasionally check them but not often.

I just installed a set of these last night:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B8BMVZY9/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Not 3-D printed, but not sure what kind of plastic it is. Fit seemed nice and tight - will see how they perform.

Having said all that I'll probably buy a set of the ones @LJBean linked to above (thanks for posting these, BTW!) because they look inject-molded, rather than printed. I'll just keep them in the parts bin for future use.

Having said all that I'll probably buy a set of the ones @LJBean linked to above (thanks for posting these, BTW!) because they look inject-molded, rather than printed. I'll just keep them in the parts bin for future use.
I just installed the DIY nylon washer fix last weekend and so far so good. Its about 6 bucks in plastic from Lowe's. That said, had I found these first, I probably would have just bought them.

I'll probably pick up a set for the parts bin as well. Thanks @LJBean

I just installed the DIY nylon washer fix last weekend and so far so good. Its about 6 bucks in plastic from Lowe's. That said, had I found these first, I probably would have just bought them.

I'll probably pick up a set for the parts bin as well. Thanks @LJBean

In all honesty, I'll probably buy (and set aside) the DIY components too.

Then I'll feel like I've covered all my bases on this one. LOL.

Reactions: PRNDL
Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Funny enough, I just saw that another one of my seat bushing cracked. Passenger side. Not even sure I need 'need' them or Im just aware of them and believe they need to be replaced.

What is the actual issue: stability, noise?

Hello everyone. I just came across this thread and I wanted to clear up some things about these seat bushing kits. I make and sell the 3D printed kit on Amazon that was mentioned previously. Link below.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D72MQB7/?tag=wranglerorg-20

1. Yes they are 3D printed. The two upper bushings are made from PETG and the lower slider bushing is made from nylon to provide better abrasion resistance as the bushing slides in the track. These materials also have very good heat resistance. I tested and use these in my own Jeep and so far I have yet to have one break on me. However my Jeep is not my daily driver anymore so I'm probably not putting as much wear on them as others might. I've been selling them for a few years and have had very few reports of issues with them holding up. The nylon sliders will eventually wear down same as the factory ones do over time, no way to avoid that. 3D printed parts can be very durable as long as they are done properly and the correct materials are used. Some people just assume because something is 3D printed it's trash that won't hold up but that simply isn't true.

2. These are not only for 03-06 seats as some have said. I designed and tested them using my 99 TJ with the original seats. The upper seat design changed in 03 but as far as I know the lower seat frames did not. The only issues I've had reported with them fitting are from 97 and 98 year Jeeps. My guess is that Jeep was using seat frames from two different suppliers for the early TJ's and only one of them is compatible. I was initially listing them for 98 - 06 because almost every fitment issue I was getting was from somebody with a 97, later on I started getting more reports on 98's as well so now I list them for 99-06. On 97's and 98's it seems like a toss up as to whether they fit or not.

3. Yes they are expensive for what they are, $20 is a lot for some small pieces of plastic I agree. Part of that pays for shipping which is $3.25 minimum and then eBay/Amazon take their cut as well. With that said the price on them will likely be coming down soon.

A company in China has recently started making these as well. I'm not sure what they are made of or how well they fit but I certainly can't blame people for buying those as they are cheaper. I just wish they weren't using my pictures and copying my product information for their listings.

I just wanted to put that out there to hopefully clear up any confusion on these and thank you to anyone who has purchased them!