Seat heaters?

I installed my seat heaters back in Sept/Oct I believe and used them every day thru the winter. Nice and toasty. I too put mine right on top of the seat and put my bestop covers over them. My only complaint with my method is that my seats are the vinyl type. The 3m tape only lasts for so long. The heater under my butt I can feel is now slipping towards the front of the seat.

I installed my seat heaters in January. My factory vinyl seats were torn so I removed those covers and placed the heaters on top of the foam. Then I put the Bartacts over them. Great mod!

No issues to report on my install. I’ve been running them like this for a few years now and use them pretty much daily in the Jeep while it’s cool out. Trek Armor (1st Gen Bartacts) seat covers still look new as well, but their Molle bags fade terribly in the sun.
Thanks so much, the wife has been asking for seat warmers, and I love your bartacts, so I can have a way to compromise!

Reactions: JeepZilla380
I installed a set of heaters too. One of the better mods I've done, from a use vs cost perspective. I thought for 50 bucks, it will be nice to have on the chilly nights with the top down...now that they are in...I use them ALL the time. It makes sense though, as I use the seat heaters in my other vehicles all the time too. It is a very nice luxury to have.

thanks for the input Mike!
did you use a relay to the ignition switch or are the seat warmers independent from the acc? and if so, did you tap the wire inside at the steering column?

thanks for the input Mike!
did you use a relay to the ignition switch or are the seat warmers independent from the acc? and if so, did you tap the wire inside at the steering column?
The kit I bought off amazon LINK included a wire harness with relays. I pulled power out of the fuse box behind the glove box. Found a circuit that was only hot with ignition on, used an "add a circuit" thingamajig LINK and tied the power from both heaters to the one circuit. I put a 20 Amp fuse in and called it a day.

The kit I bought off amazon LINK included a wire harness with relays. I pulled power out of the fuse box behind the glove box. Found a circuit that was only hot with ignition on, used an "add a circuit" thingamajig LINK and tied the power from both heaters to the one circuit. I put a 20 Amp fuse in and called it a day.
I never knew that existed...ordering some to clean up some work I did on the TJ and on other cars.

Reactions: Mike_H
I ordered one of these for my wife, she as some back issues on amazon, she said it worked real good:
Sojoy Universal 12V Heated Smart Multifunctional Car Seat Heater Heated Cushion Warmer High/Medium/Low Temp Switch, 45 Minute Timer (Black)
$30.00