Seat riser report

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
Got Buchanan 1.5 " risers , nice stuff.

Installed , whoa. Dramatic change , 1.5" is a lot. Got used to it quick but still seemed a big leap. I'm 6'0".

Had them cut at 1" " installed 1" on my side and 1/2" on wife's (Snuck 'em in ) and now have a set left ,may cut them at 3/4" for next project Tj.

Both sides feel great. Good Mod.
Feels like Jeeps did years ago, less truck like . ...kind of a sitting up high feel.

Reactions: psrivats
Great to hear @AndyG.

I think body proportions (long legs/short torso vs shorter legs/longer torso) also plays a role in what height feels comfortable. I have the seat at a comfortable height but the headrest is not in a good spot (shorter torso). I prefer the typical car style tilted headrest instead of the flatter one in my TJ, but ah well.

Yes I agree with you a hundred percent on proportions... I was amazed initially how different it made the seat feel.... I think it's just figuring out what's comfortable for your body type.

Ive tossed around the idea of seat risers. I am 6'2" and I am comfortable, but having just a hair more room for my legs would be nice.

They make "big boy " seat frames too, I don't know much about them .

Reactions: JeepZilla380
I installed the 1.5 inch Buchanan risers today. Very different feel, but I think they will be nice (I'm 5'11").

Mustang dead pedal is next comfort mod.

I have a set in my Jeep and it was a significant upgrade as well. Jeeps are like Harley's. You are never fully comfortable until you customize your riding position.

I'm 6'1" but have little gopher legs. Think Fred Flintstone. Even with the lower seat height on my 06 my head rubs on the mesh shade top. Even the soft top bounces on my head. I can't fit in 95% of the vehicles made. I think the square body Chevy and the VW Bug are the only ones I could actually sit in without bumping my head when I hit a big pothole.

They make "big boy " seat frames too, I don't know much about them .
Big Boy Brackets did the trick for me, about a .5 inch of rise and lots of leg room. I cant even fully work the clutch with the seat all the way back.

Reactions: AndyG
I like my 1 1/4 in risers that I built and put under my driver’s seat. I’m 6’4 with 36 in pants inseams. I still want to upgrade my oem seats with something with a real adjustable headrest like whats in my Edge.

Last edited: