Seeking advise about title problem with Jeep

Actually- isn’t DDS only concerned with licenses? I remember when I moved here, it was like a “Sorry Mario, your princess is in another castle” when I tried to get a plate.

You have to go to the tax assessor for that.
Yes. Who knows why. It would be crazy to have the license facility & tag office in the same building, or as least close to each other. My local DDS and tag office are probably 10+ miles from each other.

Yes. Who knows why. It would be crazy to have the license facility & tag office in the same building, or as least close to each other. My local DDS and tag office are probably 10+ miles from each other.

It was great when DDS had their little trailer set up in the vacant lot next to Turner Field.

No one seemed to know it was there, so it was always in and out.

I don’t even know where it is now.

There is a Fulton County tag office close to me in Southwest that is pretty quiet too.

I briefly considered suicide the first time I went to the Cobb County DDS and saw the line wrapped around the building an hour before they even opened a few years ago.

It was great when DDS had their little trailer set up in the vacant lot next to Turner Field.

No one seemed to know it was there, so it was always in and out.

I don’t even know where it is now.

There is a Fulton County tag office close to me in Southwest that is pretty quiet too.

I briefly considered suicide the first time I went to the Cobb County DDS and saw the line wrapped around the building an hour before they even opened a few years ago.
My location says Atlanta, but I put that to be general. I'm actually in Cherokee county, so our DDS isn't usually too busy.

Maybe DDS has a secret trailer hidden in the Battery somewhere now.

But in GA we have to be unique so we call it DDS:)
Got a speeding ticket passing through Georgia back in May. I was going with the flow of traffic and got to be that lucky one out of state. Apparently y’all have a super speeder law so not only did I get a $250 speeding ticket, I got another ticket in the mail as a super speeder fine for another $200 because I admitted guilt for paying my speeding ticket. What a crock

I wouldn’t think they could sell a vehicle without a title. I’ve thought about taking the Jeep back and telling them to produce a title now or write me a check for a refund.

True story - my wife's uncle swapped frames between two Jeeps (one was rusted) and tried to sell the old frame without a title. He was arrested by the NYS Troopers with a DMV officer (didn't know they had their own police) that handled title fraud. Of course he was let go when they figured it all out, but the DMV takes title fraud very seriously. Explain to the dealer in no uncertain terms that you are going to report them to the DMV fraud division and the state police unless they remedy this immediately. If they are a legitimate dealership, they will not want that type of hassle.

Reactions: Starrs
True story - my wife's uncle swapped frames between two Jeeps (one was rusted) and tried to sell the old frame without a title. He was arrested by the NYS Troopers with a DMV officer (didn't know they had their own police) that handled title fraud. Of course he was let go when they figured it all out, but the DMV takes title fraud very seriously. Explain to the dealer in no uncertain terms that you are going to report them to the DMV fraud division and the state police unless they remedy this immediately. If they are a legitimate dealership, they will not want that type of hassle.
Mo kidding I have only had to wait 2 weeks max. I hate those damn paper plates lol

Got a speeding ticket passing through Georgia back in May. I was going with the flow of traffic and got to be that lucky one out of state. Apparently y’all have a super speeder law so not only did I get a $250 speeding ticket, I got another ticket in the mail as a super speeder fine for another $200 because I admitted guilt for paying my speeding ticket. What a crock
Technically anything at or over 85 can be charged as a super speeder which pretty strict considering there are plenty of highways with a speed limit of 70.

Not that I wouldn't ever be cruising at 85 in the Jeep, but almost every crossover or car can comfortably, safely cruise at 85.

May have to try that

Technically anything at or over 85 can be charged as a super speeder which pretty strict considering there are plenty of highways with a speed limit of 70.

Not that I wouldn't ever be cruising at 85 in the Jeep, but almost every crossover or car can comfortably, safely cruise at 85.
Yeah I was on I-95 outside of Savannah. Had never heard of the law until I got the ticket. I’ll just slow down next time through there lol

You got a superspeeder ticket in a TJ? I’m impressed.