Share your favorite watch

I used to collect vintage solid gold Bulova's and others from the 40's & 50" and had several, back when the movement was actually a Swiss mvt.
Know Bulova is just a cheap watch with cheap Japanese movements. Sadly, the Japanese have some super high end movements, but Bulova went the cheap "fashion" route and duped people on brand recognition instead.
I sold all my gold watches because, as you know, they're dainty and mostly too small for a man's watch today.
I still have my "dainty" Loneness gold watch that was given to my Grandfather at retirement, but it looks more like a woman's watch.
Yup. They haven't been very good since the 70s. It's a shame.

Reactions: Tray Burge
Jesus how old are you guys? I thought you guys would have smart watches.
A field watch is a great thing to have if you're out camping or in the field...if I’m fishing, on the boat, or working in the yard, it’s nice to just look down and get the time.

It’s a bit of a stretch and silly but the convenience of being able to see the time on my wrist versus pulling my phone out of my pocket is nice.

Some professions like certain jobs in govt or the DoD don't allow smart watches or cellphones to be on your person while in the office or field.

Yup. They haven't been very good since the 70s. It's a shame.
I'd jump for solid gold Spaceview if I found one I didn't have to take out a mortgage on!
unnamed.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: DoOver and ejay
A field watch is a great thing to have if you're out camping or in the field...if I’m fishing, on the boat, or working in the yard, it’s nice to just look down and get the time.

It’s a bit of a stretch and silly but the convenience of being able to see the time on my wrist versus pulling my phone out of my pocket is nice.

Some professions like certain jobs in govt or the DoD don't allow smart watches or cellphones to be on your person while in the office or field.
Not to mention there are great stretches of the Country (NM and MT come to mind that I've visited) where a cellphone is just dead weight.

Not to mention there are great stretches of the Country (NM and MT come to mind that I've visited) where a cellphone is just dead weight.
The main drawback of the smartwatch, unless you get one that has solar power capabilities, is the need to charge it every few days.

Reactions: Ephry73 and ejay
One of two Casio G-Shock Atomic/Solar watches I have. This is my day to day work watch. Needed because I bounce between time zones constantly.
51042743143_d99a161c2f_z.jpg

The other G-Shock is the same watch with a chrome case. That resides on the handlebar of the Ural.

Reactions: ejay and CybrSlydr
The real draw back of a smart watch is the ability for people to reach you at all times and their expectations that you respond at ALL times.
They can't if you don't have cell coverage or unpair it from your phone.

Reactions: Cheesy
I recently had this rebuilt, came back from Breitling just like a new one. I never realised they even provided such a service until I wandered into a jeweller looking at new watches.View attachment 235071
Ya, pretty neat service, like a rebuild. Looks like you have the tritium hands too, they replace those as well. They dim after 10 or so years.

Or, you keep it simple and mechanical

View attachment 234917
My next nice watch will be the Speedmaster Mk40 Triple Date, same movement and size as the one I have now , but has a black face, those hands and bezel like yours. I really love the size and complications of the Triple Date. Just something unequaled to the Speedys! Have you checked the price of the Speedys lately, they've gone up significantly?

My next nice watch will be the Speedmaster Mk40 Triple Date, same movement and size as the one I have now , but has a black face, those hands and bezel like yours. I really love the size and complications of the Triple Date. Just something unequaled to the Speedys! Have you checked the price of the Speedys lately, they've gone up significantly?
I agree. The Speadmaster Pro is a good size (both diameter and height). Balances well on my wrist and is light. The face is easily read in all light conditions.

i haven’t kept up with prices. It stopped being fun. Dealers have no inventory unless you want to pay the extreme mark up. I have a list that I’m trying to get but, only from my AD. The second hand guys I work with are making too much to bother with me.

I agree. The Speadmaster Pro is a good size (both diameter and height). Balances well on my wrist and is light. The face is easily read in all light conditions.

i haven’t kept up with prices. It stopped being fun. Dealers have no inventory unless you want to pay the extreme mark up. I have a list that I’m trying to get but, only from my AD. The second hand guys I work with are making too much to bother with me.
Thanks buddy, thanks a whole lot. Now you got me looking around for another Speedmaster!

• Haha
Reactions: CybrSlydr
Thanks buddy, thanks a whole lot. Now you got me looking around for another Speedmaster!
You should get the MK40 triple date! I never paid attention to it before but, I like it. I can introduce you to people that can find one. That’s what this forum’s for, right? Telling others how to spend $$$$$$$$😭😂

Reactions: Tray Burge