Share your favorite watch

ejay

TJ Addict
I'm a cheap date. Mine is a WW2 forward infantry Bulova. I do love old military watches. Not so much into the aviator types, though. I need to wind it daily which I pride myself in remembering.

20210217_175055.jpg

$_57.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t wear a watch anymore. I have a few invicta watches but I kept banging them on things, getting them caught on things. Etc. got tired of that.

Being single, i don’t understand SWMBO! :LOL:

I don’t wear a watch anymore. I have a few invicta watches but I kept banging them on things, getting them caught on things. Etc. got tired of that.

Being single, i don’t understand SWMBO! :LOL:
I am married and don't know what that means either. I used to love watches and when I worked in NYC I would go down to canla street/China town and buy a bunch of funky ones. Wife bought me a Movado years ago but never wear it. I just use a $18 Arimtron that always displays the date/time.

Reactions: ejay
I feel nekkid without a watch. On my wrist about 95% of the time is a beat to hell Casio Atomic Solar. No pics of it but picture your average Casio and bump it up a notch or two. Dead nuts accurate, multiple time zones, and automatically switches from standard to daylight savings time.

But, if I’m going to be parked in the Central Time Zone for an extended period, I swap out for this mechanical Vostok Commander. Loses about 20 seconds per day but I don’t care.
38135740632_b44db47375_z.jpg

For shits and grins, I have this Mao watch I picked up in Sydney decades ago. $15AU, and keeps horrible time, but it waves at me.
42216767322_0cd01f4d22_z.jpg

There’s an Eco Drive in the collection and I also have my great grandfathers’ 1885 gold Waltham pocket watch that still works after 136 years.

• Haha
Reactions: Rick Flair and ejay
Not so much into the aviator types, though.

My wife doesn’t understand why I like watches,

as she puts on her necklace, earrings, pendants, broach, bracelets. Rings,

it is our only acceptable swag. I’m not into earrings.

Being an Aviator. I love the aviator watches. I actually know how to use the calculator on the outer ring. 😆

I’ve got two Citizen Skyhawks. One Blue angels and the other is the rubber band, actually prefer that one more
Through high School I was big into Pocket watches. Would love to get another classic pocket watch.

01F1F5A7-A878-436B-A977-7D3608EEA501.png

My wife doesn’t understand why I like watches,

as she puts on her necklace, earrings, pendants, broach, bracelets. Rings,

it is our only acceptable swag. I’m not into earrings.

Being an Aviator. I love the aviator watches. I actually know how to use the calculator on the outer ring. 😆

I’ve got two Citizen Skyhawks. One Blue angels and the other is the rubber band, actually prefer that one more
Through high School I was big into Pocket watches. Would love to get another classic pocket watch.

View attachment 227366
I've had a few dive watches both computer and classic...and used them for their intended purposes. That's about as complex as I'd care to go.

The aviator watches are just too complex on the face for me. For a wrist watch, I'm into small and basic.

Not my thing but I see the appeal. Closest I wear to a smart watch is an emergency transponder watch my work makes me wear when in rural areas with no cell coverage.
I initially got it about ~8 mo ago to use strictly for running. Prior to, I was very anti-smart watch (who needs more notifications?)

But, after a while, I got to where I really liked being able to navigate in new cities without having to take out my phone. Or control my music without taking it out either. Seeing who it is that's calling etc.

Oddly enough, I find myself LESS distracted throughout the day because I'm not taking my phone out of my pocket. I've silenced all alarms, ringtones, etc on the phone too.

not to mention I've gone from running ~20 miles per week to 40+.

Reactions: NDSpeed
I received the Accutron for High School graduation from my folks in 1968. Then in 1972 I bought the Seiko "Pepsi" self winder. I wore one or the other until around 2010 when I bought the Seiko Kinetic. I like the thought of the different mechanisms of these watches. My Dad has a hobby of clock and watch repairs so I also have a few nice pocket watches given to me by him.

IMG_0213.jpg

I was in China in 2010 during the world expo in Shanghai, the government made 6666 of these for the city mayors and other officials throughout the country. This one numbered 1111 was given to me by a friend it was sent from the Shanghai mayors office.
A16D7A4A-F268-44A6-B61A-75B517D48339.jpeg
DA5D8846-D01B-4162-84C2-40DA75AF369A.jpeg

I just cant stand having anything on my wrists or fingers. I think 7/10 time I take my phone out is to look at the time. (Yes thats the actual wallpaper, is not an error 🤣)

BCDA7E22-08E5-4FA6-827A-1E106AE5A756.png

Had a Rolex but dropped it and it never worked again. A jeweler said it’d cost more than I’d want to spend just to open it.

Have a couple other watches in the winder but haven’t worn one for probably 3 years.

I use my iPhone for telling me the time now.

• Wow
Reactions: Ephry73