Shifter problems after sye install

Yekel07

Hey guys just wrapped up and sye install which took me some time but I got it together. Just got in to take it for a test ride and my shifter is lower than it was before preventing me from going into 2nd 4th and 6th gears. I jacked the transmission back to where the mount sat previsously l. Do I have to get an aftermarket mount to get it higher or am I missing a step any help would be great

Do you have a transfer case drop? The skid plate should be bolted flush to the frame. With the SYE and adjustable rear control arms, there is no need for the drop.

Hey guys just wrapped up and sye install which took me some time but I got it together. Just got in to take it for a test ride and my shifter is lower than it was before preventing me from going into 2nd 4th and 6th gears. I jacked the transmission back to where the mount sat previsously l. Do I have to get an aftermarket mount to get it higher or am I missing a step any help would be great
You aren't by any chance doing the test drive with the belly skid not installed?

Reactions: tworley and Sun Dog
Reactions: Yekel07
Didn’t drive it at all noticed it wasn’t going into 2nd before I even pulled out I figured it was ok to drive around the block with it off while the skid plate was getting powder coated but it def won’t move. I watched every tutorial in the book about the sye install and it actually went great this is the first wrangler I’ve owned so I’m new to all of this.

Didn’t drive it at all noticed it wasn’t going into 2nd before I even pulled out I figured it was ok to drive around the block with it off while the skid plate was getting powder coated but it def won’t move. I watched every tutorial in the book about the sye install and it actually went great this is the first wrangler I’ve owned so I’m new to all of this.
Guessing that also means you dropped the belly skid without supporting the drivetrain on a jack stand?

Starting to make sense yet?
Absolutely the skid plate will be done today at my buddies powder coat shop and it’ll be back in by this afternoon and hopefully no issues after that. Only real issue I ran into with the build was getting a new oil pump bc the insert for the tube was cracked other than that it went smooth, angles are good and everything married up perfectly.....Tom woods is a great company!

You are going to need the adjustable control arms to adjust your pinion angle for the new driveshaft.

You are going to need the adjustable control arms to adjust your pinion angle for the new driveshaft.
Theyre ordered from Currie ( read here probably the best to get) angle from pinion to driveshaft are both 15 right now but I’m sure it’ll change once I install the skid plate so I ordered them either way. Will this cause any problems to drive it until they arrive in the mail?

If your transmission is dangling causing you to not engage all gears, your trasfercase output is not where it will live once properly bolted up.

your pinion and driveshaft angle need to be equal, or close too it.

Reactions: Yekel07