Shock shortage?

Powdermonkey

SAPPER
Supporting Member
I was browsing the web in search of King OEM direct bolt on. I came across a company in Arizona that had them listed on their website as available. I gave them a call because on Filthy Motors they’re listed as 6+ months out! The gentleman informed me none of his 6 warehouses had them and they are listed as almost a year out! So not giving up that easy I called AccuTune, 4-6 months out.
The one guy told me the shortage was a combination of the covid shutdown and people get stimulus money. People that money is supposed to be for bills and groceries 🤣
Crazy times for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney
A ton of companies are backlogged. Not anywhere near King caliber, but I was looking for the "L" model OME shocks in January and couldn't find any from reputable sites that could promise less than a 4 mo lead, so I got some used ones to hold me over. Glad I did though because they're quite stiff, even moreso than the 2" nitrocharcher sports I had before. I'll be looking elsewhere when these wear out.

My stimulus money did go to rent and groceries... but then I reallocated my rent and grocery money for Jeep parts :)

FWIW I spent all my stimulus checks on Jeep parts from small companies in the US. I've been fortunate enough to have a job that pays me well enough since the start of COVID. I made sure to do my part and "stimulate" the economy by spending it on things that keep small companies, who are most likely to struggle, alive.

I blew mine on jeep parts as well. Big Brake Kit and Yukon 4340 shafts. Unfortunately a No-Slip locker is on backorder till June or July from every company I've talked to.

Reactions: John Cooper
Yep, same thing with Fox shocks. I was damn lucky to get my Fox shocks during all this. Happened to find some sitting on a shelf. Good luck on getting them now.

Im fine with you spending your money on anything you like except King or Fox shocks! I wanted those🤣
I was well aware that many products are on back order but damn.

• Haha
Reactions: rasband
Yep, same thing with Fox shocks. I was damn lucky to get my Fox shocks during all this. Happened to find some sitting on a shelf. Good luck on getting them now.
If you happen to find any let me know please.
I found some 2.0 fox but they’re not tuned. Thought about running them but I’m not sure it would be a smart choice to spend $1200 on something that’s not tuned for LJs.

Took my F-150 last Thursday to tow the Indian in for a recall down near Sacramento and blew a rear shock en route. I went up and down Google for standard F-150 shocks locally and not a pair anywhere to be found. Amazon delivered in 2 days though.

I found some 2.0 fox but they’re not tuned. Thought about running them but I’m not sure it would be a smart choice to spend $1200 on something that’s not tuned for LJs.
They will work, but the ride might be either jittery or mushy. I've seen both from off the shelf Fox.

Reactions: rasband

Tuning them is easy. Just have any reputable tuner tune them. @pcoplin, Accutune, etc.

My issue was finding the LSC 2.0 shocks. You can always add the LSC adjuster, it's just that many people were out of the LSC adjusters as well. It was Paul who managed to find me what I needed. Just pure luck I guess since I got them right in time for my Jeep to go to Blaine's.

Reactions: Powdermonkey
@pcoplin was able to get me 4 12” fox factory series about a week ago for my sons Jeep.

C03E6DF1-F14D-45E3-AA11-A9CF5AF60CB0.jpeg

I have two 12s here, but one has silver sticker and one has an orange sticker. I have an orange sticker on order, but that's been a couple weeks.

They'll ride okay. Still better than. The other bolt in options, IMO. They come with a 30/90 stack.

Maybe I should cancel my Savvy order since I plan to have them custom valved locally... what’s your lead time for the 12” 2.0 RR with LSC @pcoplin