Shock Upper Stem Mount Pivot Limits

XCRN

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Just bought a pair of new front Fox reservoir shocks that are longer than what my setup would call for (because it was a great deal) but I am looking at lowering the lower shock mount by cutting the perch and welding tabs to the control arm brackets. However this would offset the lower eyelet about 3/4”. I just wanted to check to see if the upper stem style mount is fine with doing more pivoting since it wont be as aligned as it once was. The upper bushings look thicker than most of the standard shocks on the market so I can see it being fine and I am probably just over thinking it, I just never seen the suspension in action and how much the shock actually pivots.

IMG_8346.jpeg

IMG_8343.jpeg

The upper bushings look thicker than most of the standard shocks on the market so I can see it being fine and I am probably just over thinking it, I just never seen the suspension in action and how much the shock actually pivots.

Just a thought, not a recommendation. ;)
What if you pull the bar pin, so the shock will drop through the hole.
Then you could attach it (from below) with some spacers and longer bolts.

Just a thought, not a recommendation. ;)
What if you pull the bar pin, so the shock will drop through the hole.
Then you could attach it (from below) with some spacers and longer bolts.

That was my original idea, but I need it longer than the space allowed since it would interfere with the control arm bracket. I need about 1-3/4” to get the full travel.

IMG_8327.jpeg