Should I buy this?

Anyone know of a good aftermarket fender? I've heard Crown can be spotty and I definitely don't trust those cheap ebay listings...
I actually have a pair of aftermarket pre-painted fenders I got off eBay. I sealed all the seams underneath and they are still in perfect shape after 3 years. They seem well made and the fit is great. The paint match isn't perfect (silver in my case), but I'm not too particular.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Reactions: TJK
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
wasn't my fault and insurance is covering 100% of damage
The insurance party at fault is responsible for finding the parts, its you who has to push them to find OEM parts/reconditioned parts. They will, they just want to cut corners and cost.

It’s their fault, make them fix it right.

Odd to me that the bodyshop cant source an OEM fender for you.

Also, does anyone know how realistic it is to ask for my insurance company to pay me what the body shop estimated and then just buy these parts and do it myself?
It can be done. I’ve done it.

But if the insurance pays the bodyshop for the work, the work and parts are usually carries a warranty for the life of the vehicle while you own it.

This should all be written and provided to you…

Reactions: HardSell
Anyone know of a good aftermarket fender? I've heard Crown can be spotty and I definitely don't trust those cheap ebay listings...
The best fenders are OEM, No way around it. Aftermarket stuff isn't even comparable.

Set the expectation that you want to be made whole again. Aftermarket parts like body panels lower the value of your vehicle.

For what it’s worth the party at fault insurance company owes you depreciation if it’s legal in your state. Your vehicle, even if repaired with genuine OEM parts has lost value when you go to sell it, you are owed that difference in the form of a check.

Reactions: HardSell
Also, does anyone know how realistic it is to ask for my insurance company to pay me what the body shop estimated and then just buy these parts and do it myself?
My last settlement on body damage went very well...I had the insurance company claims rep look at the damage. I accepted his check for 20% more than the highest body shop estimate. The insurance rep couldn't care less about how I got it fixed. Moreover, if you become your own body shop, nothing will appear in the accident (carfax) history.