Should I install an Antirock or the factory sway bar?

roosterdrs

New TJ Owner
Supporting Member
The Jeep was my brother's. When he passed away, I decided to buy it. At some point, he broke the driver's side sway bar mount and just removed the whole sway bar! I quickly noticed this and am in the process of getting it fixed.

Anyway, I was initially thinking I would install an antirock, but the Jeep isn't lifted--really no mods at all, just rockin 32s. Now I'm thinking I should just go with an OEM bar. I intend to make it my daily driver with occasional light wheeling from time to time.

What would y'all do?

The Jeep was my brother's. When he passed away, I decided to buy it. At some point, he broke the driver's side sway bar mount and just removed the whole sway bar! I quickly noticed this and am in the process of getting it fixed.

Anyway, I was initially thinking I would install an antirock, but the Jeep isn't lifted--really no mods at all, just rockin 32s. Now I'm thinking I should just go with an OEM bar. I intend to make it my daily driver with occasional light wheeling from time to time.

What would y'all do?
I am sorry about your brother passing.

I would also just find a used oem sway bar and quick disconnects.

Thanks! That's how I was leaning, but really needed some knowledgeable input! This is my first Jeep. Looking forward to getting into all that entails, but not sure what I'm going to want. So I think it's best to take it slow.

Reactions: L J
You're about 9 months too late. I was 30 minutes outside of Denver and I have a sway bar with mounts and disconnects. Now it would be prohibitively expensive to ship.

Might be unpopular opinion, but I say save your money. I removed my sway bar some time last year and it really doesn't bother me much.

Might be unpopular opinion, but I say save your money. I removed my sway bar some time last year and it really doesn't bother me much.
I agree it's not that bad. I've been driving it that way for over a month. And I'm sure the ride is smoother without it, but I also wanna be able to drive on the highway and survive if I have to make an evasive maneuver. Sometimes I have my kids in the Jeep too, so better safer! Who knows how long my brother had it that way. I'd guess close to ten years.

Reactions: Tob and lBasket
I agree it's not that bad. I've been driving it that way for over a month. And I'm sure the ride is smoother without it, but I also wanna be able to drive on the highway and survive if I have to make an evasive maneuver. Sometimes I have my kids in the Jeep too, so better safer! Who knows how long my brother had it that way. I'd guess close to ten years.
Okay yeah, having others in the car lowers the risk you're willing to accept, I get that. Between the OEM and antirock I think the real question is whether or not you plan on offroading it, and whether you can find an OEM for very cheap. I probably wouldn't want to spend too much on an OEM before you might as well get antirock... if you're going to go offroad where it'll be worth it

Okay yeah, having others in the car lowers the risk you're willing to accept, I get that. Between the OEM and antirock I think the real question is whether or not you plan on offroading it, and whether you can find an OEM for very cheap. I probably wouldn't want to spend too much on an OEM before you might as well get antirock... if you're going to go offroad where it'll be worth it
Yeah, that's what I was thinking originally too. But the OEM should be under 100.

Reactions: lBasket
Yeah, that's what I was thinking originally too. But the OEM should be under 100.
Yeah seems like if you're patient you could find a take-off. I took mine to get scrapped maybe 4 months ago, otherwise it'd be all yours brackets links and all.