Should I remove my milk jugs?

mlh826

What purpose do they serve? I know many have done it, just wondering if there are any negatives.

I like the cleaner look without them.

If your keeping the stick bumper for a while for sure! I don’t even know where mine are after I took them off lol

No purpose really other than looking silly IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

I think they help funnel pedestrians away from the tires, while offering some cushion for those things you crash into.

If you need them, then you need them. So far, I haven't. :)

2003 Rubicon

Reactions: Duke-TJ and Kiwi TJ
I will probably take them off. I almost did today but I didn’t have the correct head. 4 bolts keeping those damn things on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we ended up cutting one off when we struggled with the bolts. Then I replaced them with these. Gives it a finished look
9795C36F-FE73-4107-BE56-E29E64AF910B.png

I've always wondered if they have a very slight positive affect on highway fuel economy. One of the worst aerodynamic shapes is a rotating cylinder (think tires), so anything that sits in front of them and splits air from hitting the cylinder is a benefit. But the jugs are pretty small, so it's probably negligible.

The rears do have one advantage when rock crawling. If you drop off a ledge and the rock hits them instead of you rear corner, it's less likely to trash the tub as the hit will be spread out. Now if you have corner guards have at it as they probably won't give. The fronts? Loose em that makes for better tire approach angles.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

take the jugs off and cut the bumper flush with the frame

I now have the stock bumper, which I actually like, but didn't like the big milk jugs, so I went with Mopar flat ends caps as pictured. As you can see I am in the middle of work in progress. Yeah, that is some crazy Hummer in the background. lolView attachment 37561

Oh yeah, the caps are really cool! I didn't even know that was a thing. I don't have any stock bumpers left, buy my G/F does, and I think she would like those and she has a birthday coming up! Hmmmmmm

Reactions: ReelFishBoss
I took mine off so I could do a homemade rear jack mount on my rear bumper. I also took the fronts off too because I did not like the look of them or how floppy they had become. I planned to put end caps on the fronts but may just cut the bumpers to my taste.
I like the factory bumper just fine and made up my own front winch mount. The only drawback to the factory front bumper is that I have not figured out how to put on a bull bar efficiently- I want that for radiator protection from deer and for additional trail lighting.