California Sierra Trek

Plumber1

Tito's, Tacos and Trails
Supporting Member
Wondering if anyone will be attending CA4WD Assoc. Sierra Terk " Fordyce Creek Trail " I will be doing the short wheel base Friday Trip. Would like to hook up with anyone attending.

I've heard good, and bad about this event. Is there good leadership this go around? Who's in charge this year?

Does that mean your working the event ?

It means I volunteered to help in the capacity that our group is responsible for making sure everyone makes it through the trail. We are the very last ones off the trail.

I've heard good, and bad about this event. Is there good leadership this go around? Who's in charge this year?

Like any event that is run by volunteers, shit happens. It’s only as good as the effort of the volunteers. Last year was unusual in the fact that there was a fatality.

• Sad
Reactions: bobthetj03
I’ll be there starting Thursday, probably with the Esprit de Four group. Doing Friday and Saturday runs, but definitely not the Fordyce Creek Trail. Look me up: green Sahara on 35’s, black license plate DURTY TJ.
Why not Fordyce ? which Sat run will you be on ? Also if you see me give me a shout and we can share a beer. Mine is a white TJ also on 35's with this on the hood

IMG_3058.JPG

Reactions: Daryl and afmoto
Signal Peak on Friday and Outer Limits on Saturday. I’m not sure my Jeep is quite up to doing the Fordyce Creek runs (still needs a tummy tuck and a rear locker) and the driver sure needs more seat time. Breaking my back and having surgery less than two years ago is forcing me to be a bit more cautious, so I’ll observe this year and maybe give it a try next year.
9D928D6E-9FEF-44B5-A31F-DE1A870E054B.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Starting
Do you know the difference between SATURDAY OUTER LIMITS RUN and SATURDAY SUV/HISTORICAL TRIP ?

I will be running the trails with a buddy currently we are signed up for the Outer Limits run for Saturday, just not sure which Saturday run would be more fun.

My jeep does not yet have TT but since it's a Rubicon it does have F&R lockers.

Iphone6 004.JPG

Do you know the difference between SATURDAY OUTER LIMITS RUN and SATURDAY SUV/HISTORICAL TRIP ?

I will be running the trails with a buddy currently we are signed up for the Outer Limits run for Saturday, just not sure which Saturday run would be more fun.

My jeep does not yet have TT but since it's a Rubicon it does have F&R lockers.

View attachment 106967

Have you run Fordyce before?

My recollection from signing up was that the Outer Limits run would be more challenging than the SUV historical trip. Nothing like the Fordyce Creek run, but still something to do on Saturday. I’m really not the type to just sit around camp and drink, I’m just not a big drinker in general.

I might bring a frameless pontoon and a couple of fishing rods though, it might be fun to hit one of the lakes up there while we’re camping.

Why not Fordyce ? which Sat run will you be on ? Also if you see me give me a shout and we can share a beer. Mine is a white TJ also on 35's with this on the hood

View attachment 106965
I've always wanted that sticker for my jeep. But, it wouldn't be right since I haven't ran the trail yet.

I wish I could make it to sierra trek. We will actually be in Truckee over the weekend but a few friends / small children are tagging along so my wife would likely notice if I left for the day.

I may sign up for Fordyce trail next summer. I hope all of you going have a great time.

Reactions: Daryl and afmoto
I've always wanted that sticker for my jeep. But, it wouldn't be right since I haven't ran the trail yet.

I wish I could make it to sierra trek. We will actually be in Truckee over the weekend but a few friends / small children are tagging along so my wife would likely notice if I left for the day.

I may sign up for Fordyce trail next summer. I hope all of you going have a great time.

Sign up for next year. I’m going to help on winch hill #2 next year instead of pulling drag.

Reactions: Plumber1 and Alex01

It took my awhile to find someone how had the Rubicon "alphabet" or "font". I wanted it to look factory and match the Rubicon lettering it would be replacing and not stand out. It's funny only a few people have ever noticed the difference, but the ones that do definitely know the difference in the trails.

Reactions: Alex01
Sign up for next year. I’m going to help on winch hill #2 next year instead of pulling drag.
We will see it took me some convening to get my buddy to go back. This is his TJ and we are not sure how this happened. He said it was like slow motion, and when you look close it is not even a difficult spot :) But we had him right side up in about 15 minutes.

Iphone6 1945.JPG

Iphone6 1947.JPG

We will see it took me some convening to get my buddy to go back. This is his TJ and we are not sure how this happened. He said it was like slow motion, and when you look close it is not even a difficult spot :) But we had him right side up in about 15 minutes.

View attachment 107201

View attachment 107203
I'm trying to picture how that could have happened. Like you said it looks like a fairly easy bit of trail. All I can figure is he gave it tons of gas and launched up the rock on drivers side while sliding off the rock on the passenger side.

I can't imagine the weight of the rack helped him any either.

View attachment 107201

View attachment 107203

Hard to tell from a picture. Pick the wrong line and stuff can happen quick.