Skide plate question

I think UCF is one of the options that doesn't require a body lift as I recall.

I know @Luke has one.

I think UCF is one of the options that doesn't require a body lift as I recall.

I know @Luke has one.
I researched it. Even with their lo pro mount, almost everyone that used it still had vib issues and needed a sye/dc shaft. One guy used the plate with lowering spacers as a temp fix. He lost some of what he gained but still had a flatter/smoother skid. There just seems to be no easy (read cheap) way to lift the t/c with a lower pro skid. Maybe diy if you weld/fabricate.

I have an early (2002) TJ with the UCF original high clearance body lift. I needed a motor mount lift to make the oil pan clear the engine skid. I have no body lift, no sye or cv driveshaft, drives just like it was when it was completely stock. Keep in mind I have stock suspension. Even a 2" budget boost I think will cause vibrations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob5589
I gained 1.25" over stock clearance. I did the tummy tuck because I wanted some extra clearance and this was cheaper than rehearing for 31's. Plus I bent my stock skid so I had to replace it anyway

Just get the regular tummy tuck from undercover fab and put in some spacers until then. No point in spending the money twice.

I think my dad runs the procomp kit on his (I can ask if you want) whatever it is has been on for years and works flawlessly

This may be of some help to you. Posted by UCF over at jeep forum. Much easier than trying to sift through the descriptions on their website
UCF skid options and driveline chart
IMG_1101.PNG

Reactions: Chris