Skyjacker Black Max Owners Thread

Ovaltine

Recently been lurking a lot to gather as much information on shocks as possible. Through my research I’ve landed on the Black Max for its apparent ride qualities when installed on lighter Jeeps.

While I was able to learn a few things here and there (this information on these specific shocks is spread out and hard to pick through), I think it would be beneficial to me and possibly others for those of you running these shocks to describe in detail your setups in one place for documentation purposes -

lift height, shock part numbers, resulting ride height/travel up and down, etc. Measurements! Are you happy with how it turned out or would you have chosen a different sized shock?

While not the main purpose of this thread (measurements!), please feel free to also add any comments regarding your experience with how they ride.

Thank you and I look forward to reading your responses as an official member of TJ forum!

subscribed, because I want to know who is using these on a 4" lift and what shock they're using.

For starters, you could check here. We recently updated the original post with a bit of a "lessons learned" from various folks who have been using the Black Max shocks.

Also, over here, @Irun gave some helpful specs on the model numbers that fit TJs.

For starters, you could check here. We recently updated the original post with a bit of a "lessons learned" from various folks who have been using the Black Max shocks.

Also, over here, @Irun gave some helpful specs on the model numbers that fit TJs.
Thank you! I have already read through both of those threads. Great info, but part of the reason I made this post was to consolidate and see real world examples from more members putting these shocks to use.

Reactions: SSTJ
I’m posting again to see if any of you would like to contribute. I know a handful of you are running these at 2, 2.5, 3, 4 inches! 😁