Slave cylinder noise

YakTJ

This is the noise my slave cylinder makes! Found it on youtube. Any ideas? There is no issue with shifting or clutch function. Should I worry?? Thanks.

That is probably your pressure plate making noise.

Ohio, Thanks for your reply. It makes the noise with engine not running and with engine running, but only in neutral! Once you put it in gear with engine running and release clutch it is quiet. Is that any help in determining the cause??

Hmm, not sure, maybe you just can't hear it then. I bet anytime you push the pedal in, in any gear, running or not the noise is there.

Try unbolting the slave and hold tension on it (so it doesn't blow apart) while someone pushes the pedal. No noise = pull transmission and replace clutch assembly.

Reactions: YakTJ
Imapepper and Sancho,

Thanks for the info. I'll just live with the creeking and no longer worry. If I begin to have function issues or slipping I will have to reconsider!

Because of the noise.. i continually monitor my clutch.. because i am sure it us due for some work. 118k miles, 2005.. original clutch.

Mine does the same creakiness. My noise is coming from the pivot ball and spring that is on the opposite side of the slave cylinder. A few years back I found a few posts on other forums talking about pulling the starting and trying to VERY CAREFULLY get some grease onto that pivot/spring. I tried and didnt have much success. Another fella said when he had his clutch replaced he drilled an access hole and capped it so he could hit that spring with some lube everyone once in a while in the future.

Found the link: https://www.rubiconownersforum.com/...ues-write-ups/49538-no-more-clutch-creak.html

Reactions: YakTJ