Snapped one TPS screw

Stockli

TJ Enthusiast
So the first one came out with much difficulty, finally got it out.

Working on the second, it snapped off.

Sucker is in there tight, I have the throttle body off and the map sensor off, applied heat, not joy. How do it get this off here? This sucks

If the screw snapped off below its head what is holding the TPS in since you removed its other screw? Once you get the TPS off you can use a small set of vise grips to unscrew the remaining part. If it's still tight drip some Liquid Wrench, Kroil, or Break-Free onto its threads and let it work its way into the threads. Don't waste your time trying WD-40 or PB-Blaster, neither of which are good penetrants.

Got it! Lol

First there was much rejoicing, then much crying, the much swearing and then rejoicing again.

Got a big old set of vice grips and slowly talked her out of there.

What a POS design. Four metals come together to cause corrosion and eventual maximum stuckiness

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
If the screw snapped off below its head what is holding the TPS in since you removed its other screw? Once you get the TPS off you can use a small set of vise grips to unscrew the remaining part. If it's still tight drip some Liquid Wrench, Kroil, or Break-Free onto its threads and let it work its way into the threads. Don't waste your time trying WD-40 or PB-Blaster, neither of which are good penetrants.

Yep got big old vice grips. Thing was scary stuck in there, but patience and grunt paid off. Thanks for the advice, as usual it all worked out after much cussing and thinking

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I'm not sure what the 'elbow' is for the MAP sensor. There's nothing listed separately from the MAP sensor other than its screws so whatever you're talking about probably comes with it. If you want the p/n for a new MAP sensor, there's a split mid-year for the correct p/n. 11/1/02 and older or 11/2/02 and newer manufacturing date. You'll find your TJ's manufacturing date embossed onto the tag on the driver's side door jamb.

I'm not sure what the 'elbow' is for the MAP sensor. There's nothing listed separately from the MAP sensor other than its screws so whatever you're talking about probably comes with it. If you want the p/n for a new MAP sensor, there's a split mid-year for the correct p/n. 11/1/02 and older or 11/2/02 and newer manufacturing date. You'll find your TJ's manufacturing date embossed onto the tag on the driver's side door jamb.

Mopar 53009672

Is what is listed, I was wondering if there were any HELP or other such generic vacuum 90s that can be used