Snow run!

Rick Flair

Domari Nolo
Supporting Member
Anyone else doing some snow wheeling!?! I did today, first off-road trip in the Rubicon. I got stuck sooo bad! 😂

These firestone MT’s are worn, E range and I was afraid to take them down past 15 psi. The T4R’s did fantastic of course!

I need (should have) done the locker mod to have 4 high lockers.

Well winch works! Few pics for you guys. So adding tires to the list with beadlocks. The white T4R is mine as well. On beadlocks. BFG AT’s rock the snow.

Tres pro traction boards work awesome! First time using them too!

Also pulled out a duramax in the ditch. 😂

D65533D8-2FC7-4FDB-A5DE-415B7EF87489.jpeg

64562D9A-C9EE-4272-A5F7-2B068BA5DE40.jpeg

8CDDD7D3-08EF-4B10-BB05-95411F796222.jpeg

98B3B212-5433-4DB8-81A4-A8EC52004445.jpeg

71735F12-FC1B-47CC-A484-BC3DC2A9E677.jpeg

325FA7DF-7153-4C25-8059-7C9E2C88ED8B.jpeg

C33941B1-40A5-420F-A6D6-2B802B7EFC42.jpeg

01EC5C83-E8DC-4F58-9FD3-1876443AC330.jpeg

63BF00CB-80CE-4866-A226-B601788936B2.jpeg

E32906A2-9D35-4638-8DEA-BA015E72210D.jpeg

Those are some awesome photos, that's for sure!

I'm surprised you got stuck. You weren't able to get out even with both the lockers engaged?

Reactions: Rick Flair
Those are some awesome photos, that's for sure!

I'm surprised you got stuck. You weren't able to get out even with both the lockers engaged?

Nope. It was a hill. The snow was hard, packed and temps were dropping. The tires are stiff e range tires, about 40% and it just spun. I was at 15 psi. There was no traction and I was in 4’ of snow in the stuck pic.

It ducks when your wife has to pull you out and give you a hard time about how much better her runner works in the snow(even though I built it to rock the snow runs!)

Reactions: Chris and Red Dog
Video work?

And yes, cable goes and rope is going on! Also....the battery is junk and needs a durango alternator. Just, Empty, Every, Pocket!

Reactions: Chris
Thanks! It’s a beautiful state being ruined by our politicians. I have ten years left till retirement and will be moving. BUT coming back to explore and visit!

I'd have to agree with you on this 100%. I've lived in Oregon all of my life (we live in Salem now), and they really are ruining it.

Either way, you'll probably never hear the end of this from your wife now, about how she saved you ;)

I'd have to agree with you on this 100%. I've lived in Oregon all of my life (we live in Salem now), and they really are ruining it.

Either way, you'll probably never hear the end of this from your wife now, about how she saved you ;)

Chris, you are right! I grew up in grants pass, moved to Salem for work when I was 21. Moved out to Jefferson to get away from it but the last 5 years of decline....sucks! I’m 40. Ready to leave now!

She’s been on me all night! She also knows I’m close dropping $3k on tires and beadlocks! 😂! She had to be careful or she knows the tummy tuck, tires; wheels come sooner than she expects! 😂 but...good thing is I have a wife that has a rig that wants to wheel with me!

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
Hey don’t fret. This is when I got stuck during monsoon season! Had to dig it out by hand!

A69D39BC-DDF0-4621-B0D9-161B4B0508E8.jpeg

Man, I LOVE snow wheeling! We haven't had much snow this winter though. ☹️

15psi is really high for snow wheeling though. 10 would be a better starting point, and see how close to 5 you can get without popping a bead.

Great pics, they're making me really jealous! Lol

Snow wheeling looks like fun. With the snow we've had up here in the Portland area its made me wish the Jeep was street legal right now....

However I'm still going up to the mountain this afternoon with my buddy and take my Jeep into the snow for the first time. Hopefully get stuck like you.

Man, I LOVE snow wheeling! We haven't had much snow this winter though. ☹️

15psi is really high for snow wheeling though. 10 would be a better starting point, and see how close to 5 you can get without popping a bead.

Great pics, they're making me really jealous! Lol

I agree with the psi. This is the first rig I’ve bought that wasn’t stock. Having never worked with Moab wheels and these tires I was afraid of going with what I know. And I didn’t have my co2 tank with me to reset the bead if I did pop. We had 5 kids with us so...yeah!

Well it seems you can come to Oregon for snow! Odd you haven’t had much, figured it would be stand in Canada!

Snow wheeling looks like fun. With the snow we've had up here in the Portland area its made me wish the Jeep was street legal right now....

However I'm still going up to the mountain this afternoon with my buddy and take my Jeep into the snow for the first time. Hopefully get stuck like you.

What’s no legal about it? If your interested in doing a run out my way with your Jeep let me know! I’ll lead the way and show you how to get stuck!

What’s no legal about it? If your interested in doing a run out my way with your Jeep let me know! I’ll lead the way and show you how to get stuck!

I just got it last week and the tags are expired. I just have to get the o2 sensors to clear the code to get it through DEQ.

I'm going up the back side of Mt. Hood tonight with my buddy to find some good snow. (Back roads so not high chance of running into issues with the tags).

Once I get the Jeep really going I'll have to do more with the Jeepers around here.

I agree with the psi. This is the first rig I’ve bought that wasn’t stock. Having never worked with Moab wheels and these tires I was afraid of going with what I know. And I didn’t have my co2 tank with me to reset the bead if I did pop. We had 5 kids with us so...yeah!

Well it seems you can come to Oregon for snow! Odd you haven’t had much, figured it would be stand in Canada!
Makes perfect sense!

It's been a crazy winter here weather wise. Almost the middle of February and I haven't even had to shovel the driveway once! Saying that, this pic (that's not me) is in the same province, around a 4-5 hour drive away.

Makes perfect sense!

It's been a crazy winter here weather wise. Almost the middle of February and I haven't even had to shovel the driveway once! Saying that, this pic (that's not me) is in the same province, around a 4-5 hour drive away.
View attachment 76727

Wow! That is crazy how much a few hours makes a difference!