So we bought a Jeep—2006 LJR

So, after a fun and VERY wet Tillamook JJUSA event, I just can't get rid of that feeling of glee when my spotter says "passenger" or "driver" and I can just turn at will! Had some jealous folks asking me to pop my hood and look at the new PSC gear after this waterfall where I was the only one to successfully make the climb. The rest not only struggled with the traction, which was minimal, but also with just turning their wheels as needed to navigate the turns on the climb.

I barely made it up this, and only after warming up the tires a bit and giving it a good bump with follow through at this spot.

Was a really fun event, we need to get some people together and head back down there some time and explore more!

Only issue with the Jeep was after some heavy bouncing up wet/muddy/rocky climbs that required a fair bit of momentum to climb, I think I finally finished off the bushings in my Currie trackbar, I think they are rebuildable though so that'll be next on the list along with the rear brakes I have sitting in the garage.

1623644266275.jpeg

MOOOAR pics
Unfortunately I didn't get many, Tammy (my wife) was not feeling well and even visited the local E.R. :( so she spent the weekend in the camper (thank GOD we weren't tent camping!) I'm trying to get some from other people that were with me, but most weren't taking many pics the first day as it just dumped rain.

Here is what I have...

20210612_111127.jpg
20210612_134022.jpg
20210612_134028.jpg

Last edited:
Someone just sent me another pic, this was the top down view of the waterfall posted above... you had to climb the right side, pivot in place 90 degrees to the left then climb the ledge before turning back to the right and finishing up the last part. This is after the first pivot to the left as I worked to get up the big climb and just before turning to the right again.

201318512_4145810242143798_7744479366995143845_n.jpg

Another pic of my Jeep at the event, and a video one of the guides on day one put together, only a couple shots of me, one behind the other Khacki LJ that day, (these guys are crazy, they go all year all over the country topless lol), met them a couple years ago in Silver Valley Idaho. Another with me at the top of the waterfall. Some good clips of some others trying to climb the waterfall posted above, and a nice drop that the green Jeep, Me, and 1 other did, the rest bypassed it.

199071103_10224952637139798_1088786402218365132_n.jpg

Well, it’s no Widowmaker Gatekeeper, but nice job on the waterfall..😉 Looks like a great trip. Yup, hydro assist is a game changer.

Sorry to hear Tammy was not feeling well. I’ve been thinking about you guys.

Well, it’s no Widowmaker Gatekeeper, but nice job on the waterfall..😉 Looks like a great trip. Yup, hydro assist is a game changer.

Sorry to hear Tammy was not feeling well. I’ve been thinking about you guys.
Yeah, her ITP is always there and this isn't the first trip it interfered with... the local ER didn't know anything about ITP either but they were great about listening to her and going with what she already knows about her condition. Thanks for the thoughts:)

... you had to climb the right side, pivot in place 90 degrees to the left then climb the ledge before turning back to the right and finishing up the last part
Pivot in place you say? Why this sounds like a job for Super-Cutter-Brakes Man!
200.gif

Terrain looks like a bigger badder Walker Valley. Looks awesome! How'd it stack up to the WA trails you've done?

• Haha
Reactions: Vasq
Pivot in place you say? Why this sounds like a job for Super-Cutter-Brakes Man! View attachment 259429

Terrain looks like a bigger badder Walker Valley. Looks awesome! How'd it stack up to the WA trails you've done?
Honestly nothing was too crazy other than the very wet mud... was a great area that I want to explore more

Last edited:
Hoping to get time this weekend to redo my rear brakes, and if the parts come in time deal with the track bar. Looks like Currie changed the lower track bar bushing to a Johnny joint on the newer bars... figured I'd go ahead and order that instead of just replacing the older style.

On a side note, finished up a little project at work... wish I could run wires as neatly in my Jeep lol...

20210617_110758.jpg
20210617_110749.jpg

Hoping to get time this weekend to redo my rear brakes, and if the parts come in time deal with the track bar. Looks like Currie changed the lower track bar bushing to a Johnny joint on the newer bars... figured I'd go ahead and order that instead of just replacing the older style.

On a side note, finished up a little project at work... wish I could run wires as neatly in my Jeep lol...

View attachment 260046View attachment 260045
I thought that was the new SPod :ROFLMAO:

This looks pretty clean, you did a great job with this project.

Reactions: DaveF

Wow! Nice work man. I'm impressed.

Reactions: DaveF

Dave, do you custom terminate fiber?

Just received an email that Jeep is shipping my Rubicon trail badge, it also said my Golden Spike badge is still on back order and will ship when available.

Reactions: DaveF and Alex01