California SoCal folks (need help)

gasiorv

I'm a new world samurai, and a redneck nonetheless
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Friend of mine has a job opportunity in Azusa, CA. Like me, he has been on the East Coast his whole life and doesn't know much about the LA and SoCal area. Could any of you locals help me out by letting me know what would be a good safe place for him to live with easy access to Azusa and also Mt bike trails, jeep trails, etc... He doesn't want to sit in traffic all day so he is looking at renting in Glendora or somewhere along the 210 but is having rent price shock (😂). He is moving from a 3000 sq ft house in TN with 3 car garage etc and understands that he will have to downsize considerably but he didn't realize how much. Anyway, I told him I would post up on the forum and see if any locals could provide any helpful info. Thanks in advance.

Cities east on the 210 and west of the 15 Upland, Claremont, Rancho Cucamonga. Stay north of Baseline Rd. Farther away but decent in spots Chino Hills, Eastvale, Norco and Corona.
Good mountain biking in the foothills above the 210. Lot's of FREE wheeling opportunities on public lands within 1-2 hours away.
JV, San Bernardino National Forest.
Housing is expensive I still own a rental in Rancho and get $3,300 per month for a 4 br 1950sqft house

Reactions: gasiorv
He’s needs to look to the East of Azusa. Going West is more costly. His best bet is to rent for a while until he gets the lay of the land and sees if he likes his new job. Except for hunting and fishing there are a lot of outdoor activities out here.

He’s needs to look to the East of Azusa. Going West is more costly. His best bet is to rent for a while until he gets the lay of the land and sees if he likes his new job. Except for hunting and fishing there are a lot of outdoor activities out here.

Plenty of fishing and hunting in So Cal.
Silverwood Lake
Big Bear Lake
Pacific Ocean
Lake Perris if you like Brown Trout💩
All Close by
You can Dove hunt in Imperial County Deer Hunt in SBNF
Private Hunt in Tejon Ranch
just to name a few

Reactions: bucky
But as a California native, my advice is to stay as far away from that state as possible.

There's a reason for that negative population growth...

Happy Politics GIF by GIPHY News

Reactions: Zorba
I bet he could not tell you what a gallon of milk costs. Highest crime ever and now he wants to cut Police spending in the next budget. Yet Billions are sucked down he homeless hole. The majority of our homeless are not from this state.
Sorry my bad. They aren’t Homeless they are Unhoused. We can’t place that kind of stigma on those poor souls who make bad life choices.