California SoCal lift shops

In general you should do your own research about how to lift your Jeep. Most shops, especially those in the Valley will take serious advantage of you if you just say "i want it lifted." Once you figure out what you want to do if you need a good shop I'd focus on places up in Sun Valley and stay away from the 101 in general. Rent is cheaper for those businesses and it is reflected in the prices they charge. For a specific shop you might call Transaction Transmissions on Tuxford or Hooper Rear Ends on Brandford. They do allot of Jeep stuff and they might have a good idea which shops have time and wont be too awful. I wouldn't waste their time, just be clear and tell them you need a good shop in the area to work on a TJ. Stay away from 4wheelparts.

I'd highly recommend doing the lift yourself. You won't need anything but basic hand tools and a floor jack. The good part about doing it yourself is that if anything was to go wrong on the trail you'd have an understand about how everything goes together. If you run into any issues the folks here will be able to jump in and give you advice.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.