Alabama Good shop in north Alabama?

Buddy I can proudly tell you that I've got one guy that is now working on every vehicle I own... His name is Cole he's at Cole's Auto Repair 256-640-7419.

I don't want to oversell him but man he doesn't miss anything... He doesn't try to do unnecessary work... He doesn't play guesswork with expensive parts...he diagnosis things and fixes them in what he tells you will be things you need to know about your vehicle.

I've been reading this thread seeking info on what I can do to my TJ, I'm moving back to North Alabama (Decatur) and will be looking for good place to get some work done on my 2000 Sport. Thanks for the info!
Thanks Y'all!!
I haven’t gotten all my lift parts in yet, so no work so far. I did talk to AndyG’s guy Cole and pretty sure I’l go with him. For now I’ll just twiddle my thumbs till jks decides I need my parts.😢

Reactions: AndyG
I haven’t gotten all my lift parts in yet, so no work so far. I did talk to AndyG’s guy Cole and pretty sure I’l go with him. For now I’ll just twiddle my thumbs till jks decides I need my parts.😢
Jks makes great stuff. Hang in there.

Let me know when you bring it, love to meet you .

Cool... This is just a little play area.... You can actually stop at any point... you will get a kick out of how easily one of these things can make it up something when it has lockers.

Are both your jeeps rubicons?
Yes, the '03 is a manual, with 4" lift. The '06 is an automatic , it's lifted 2.5 inches. Realistically one is about as capable as the other. The lockers are what make the difference....the 4.1 crawl ratio is also good...it makes you go so slow in 1st you don't break a tire loose. There are a mix of guys on the forum ..some are built sports and X's,some are built Rubicons. Either way a TJ is agile, nimble and extremely maneuverable.

If it works out , either when you drop off or pick up, I ll take you down there and take you in mine down the waterfall type climb. It's great. I do it all the time.

Tell me again what all you are getting done .

I've taken @Hog ...it's a place they collect dirt for baseball fields in Lacey's Spring.

I've done it day and night, even in rain and snow. Really you could play all day down there if you scout around. We ride dirt bikes all over it.

Reactions: John Cooper and Hog
Doing 2.5 ome lift, 4.10’s,31’s& lockers. Was going to be detroits but told the wife what they were & she nixed them. It’s her Jeep not mine so.... now I’m debating e lockers or air. That’s why I asked if yours were rubicons. I would put it on the forum but really don’t want to open that can of worms.😀

Doing 2.5 ome lift, 4.10’s,31’s& lockers. Was going to be detroits but told the wife what they were & she nixed them. It’s her Jeep not mine so.... now I’m debating e lockers or air. That’s why I asked if yours were rubicons. I would put it on the forum but really don’t want to open that can of worms.😀
It's a can.

I'd look hard at e lock, it's simpler it seems. I'd hate to plumb one.

Keep in touch Robert.

Reactions: Robert Sullenger
Did you get this work done? I'm interested in some pictures.

Not yet. I have my parts in, but my wife & I just had a little girl 5 days ago so it’s not top priority right now. I’ll put some pictures up when it does though.
Man haven't you heard of adoption! Priorities man.

Also always introduce your child as your child from your first marriage in front of your wife... Technically it's true even if it's your first marriage.

Anyway congratulations I guess if it's going to have to be that way....

Raising children was some of the happiest years of my life.

She is my second wife, so no! 😀 Also it’s her Jeep not mine I will not come close to that mine field lol.
I can’t wait to get it locked, lifted, & geared, but probably be a few weeks before I get back to that. I also plan on holding you to showing me some of those trails.👍😀

Reactions: John Cooper
She is my second wife, so no! 😀 Also it’s her Jeep not mine I will not come close to that mine field lol.
I can’t wait to get it locked, lifted, & geared, but probably be a few weeks before I get back to that. I also plan on holding you to showing me some of those trails.👍😀
If you get down toward Talledega, let me know I'd like to tag along.

Reactions: Robert Sullenger