California SoCal run?

Anza is definitely on my list of places to wheel! I would just want to spend a few days exploring it if I go that way.

I love the Big Bear area!! Took my Disco up Cleghorn and through some of the tails from Silverwood to Arrowhead, lots of terrain to choose from!! Never been to Joshua, but would be down! Excuse my ignorance but where is JV?
Johnson Valley, JV, isnorth east of bigbear.. just down the mtn.

Joshua tree is due east... all within driving distance.

Joshua tree has mild trails... that i know of... but awesome mines and scenary.

Let me know when you head down to anza.

Reactions: fuse
Cleghorn is a blast! I did pilot rock with my Disco but didn't make all the off shoots. Hung on my diff a few times and realized I wanted to go more extreme than the poor Disco could take. I know there are other killer trails through there as well. Have you Jeepers done much wheeling through the Big Bear area?

I'm hoping sometime next year, early summer, I could take the jeep down to big bear and hit up some of the trails. (John Bull, Holcomb Creek, Gold Mountain.) As it gets closer and I know a date I put some feelers out on here to see if anyone would want to join.

Reactions: fuse
I'm hoping sometime next year, early summer, I could take the jeep down to big bear and hit up some of the trails. (John Bull, Holcomb Creek, Gold Mountain.) As it gets closer and I know a date I put some feelers out on here to see if anyone would want to join.
Anytime! I have been scoping out the trails up North and you have quite the playground. I definitely want to get it on a Nor Cal trip.

Reactions: Alex01
So
I did it back when my LJ was stock at street pressure when I was green as hell. It isn't bad if you are careful. There is one tight squeeze that takes a bit of work if you aren't locked from what I remember.

Sounds fun.. is there camping up there?

I will try to join any runs you guys organize here. Big Bear or Anza. Driven both areas in my JKU but want to get my TJ out there now.

I’ve driven nearly every road in JTree in my Subaru. It’s not really that interesting for Jeeps. But definitely good scenery.

I will try to join any runs you guys organize here. Big Bear or Anza. Driven both areas in my JKU but want to get my TJ out there now.

I’ve driven nearly every road in JTree in my Subaru. It’s not really that interesting for Jeeps. But definitely good scenery.

For me exploring the mines and back toads are the best parts of jtree.

Not in big bear... but pinyon truck trail has been calling me in Anza. Been nearly 15 years since i ran it last.

Big bear sounds fun though... any particular trails you wanna run there?
+1 on Pinyon mtn. I ran it a year ago and my JKU was too big to be enjoyable.

could probably do Oct 26 or 27.

Pinyon looks pretty gnarly. Not sure my rig will make it through. Think 3" or so of lift, 33s and truetrac's will be able to hang?