Socket size for the automatic transmission oil pan

antonio

Hey need help real quick! I’m at the auto parts store looking for a socket that will fit the bolts on the automatic transmission oil pan. Thanks guys!!
09218C8B-DB26-4EB4-8F2C-A0FF535C849F.jpeg

If you're planning on working on your Jeep I suggest buying a 3/8" socket set with metric and standard. You're also going to need a torx bit for the 42RLE filter — again buying a set now will ensure you have the tools and sizes required for more Jeep work.

If you're planning on working on your Jeep I suggest buying a 3/8" socket set with metric and standard. You're also going to need a torx bit for the 42RLE filter — again buying a set now will ensure you have the tools and sizes required for more Jeep work.
I actually did! I just bought a whole standard set. I am trying to prepare myself for this project this weekend. I’m trying to insure a stress less and productive environment for this leaky transmission!

Reactions: Apparition
What do they torque at?

Tight, but not too tight. The specs are about 13 ft-lbs.

I’ve never used a torque wrench on the pan bolts and I’ve never had a leak. If you’re using RTV, get the transmission specific RTV. Tighten the bolts till they are snug, wait 10 minutes and tighten to spec.

Reactions: Eastbank
Tight, but not too tight. The specs are about 13 ft-lbs.

I’ve never used a torque wrench on the pan bolts and I’ve never had a leak. If you’re using RTV, get the transmission specific RTV. Tighten the bolts till they are snug, wait 10 minutes and tighten to spec.
Thank you very much...