Soft top questions for 06 LJ

LJMolina

TJ Enthusiast
So when I bought my LJ 2 years ago, it came with the Hard top put on and a soft top in the back cargo area.... this weekend I finally took the time to check out what I have... it appears to be missing some hardware but I dont know what is missing... or do I even have the right top..

I do have the door surrounds and it appears I do have the tinted side and rear windows... but here is the question Do I have the right top? Attached is a picture of the top, but what am I also missing.... I also do not have any of the bolts/fasteners that attaches to the pillars.. That is all I have that was provided.

I want to try and stay OEM as possible.

I searched around the internet some and noticed other tops, dont look close to what I have...

20211107_022310.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rasband
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Just to contradict the above

I have a bestop and some factory tops. I know ppl say bestop makes/made the factory tops. Based on my personal experience, Id rather have an older factory top rather than a new bestop.

Last edited:
I like the bestop trektop. If you want to sell the hardtop hit me up.
Im keeping the hardtop for the winter months, Im just looking to get a soft top for next spring/summer. Thank you all for all the great input. I will get the best top hardware as I compared to time and the price difference from finding all the OEM frame and hardware vs an all in one kit from bestop for a new frame and hardware with readable available replacement parts.

Im keeping the hardtop for the winter months, Im just looking to get a soft top for next spring/summer. Thank you all for all the great input. I will get the best top hardware as I compared to time and the price difference from finding all the OEM frame and hardware vs an all in one kit from bestop for a new frame and hardware with readable available replacement parts.
Since you've got a few months, why not just keep looking? I found my soft top on Craigslist for $150. Older guy who put it on his LJ when new, wife hated it, so off it came and into the rafters it went. Complete with door surrounds, all I needed to add were the 2 brackets that go on the roll bar and the two on the back of the tub to tuck the rear of the top into. There are some deals to score with a little patience.

Reactions: LJMolina