Soft Top Winter Storage

Marc L

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hey everyone,
I'm going to be removing my soft top and put the hardtop on for the winter.
Any cool ideas how to store it? It's new to the jeep this year and I want to try to keep it nice.
Go.....

I take mine with hard ware fold it up and put it over a shelf in the garage and the windows get rolled up and put on some shelf brackets I put rags on to keep from scratching it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marc L
Door surrounds and hardware go into a box on the shelf, windows roll up in an old sheet folded over each one and are stored in a cardboard tube made for pouring concrete pillars. Top folds flat, wrap fabric around bows and wrap with stretch wrap to keep out dirt for the winter. Takes a while, but I usually reserve an afternoon when I don't have anything else going on.

The bows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, just leave everything put together, and folded flat, as much as possible. It would be a royal pain in the butt to take that apart each time, IMO. I don't have a shelf big enough in my workshop for storing that flat, so I hang it over a table saw that I don't use much, but I have also bungie corded the bows to a rafter.

I separate the soft top from the rails. The rails go in the shed and the soft tops under our bed - LJ on my side, TJ on my wife's side. :)

Reactions: Blank
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
I usually leave cover on tubing and cover with a soft top cover. I use to store windows rolled up all winter but last year made a shelf in basement ceiling rafters to store them flat inside a smittybilt roll cover. Then I just stand up soft top in basement leaning on the covers tubes.

I came across these while at Home Depot, which worked perfectly for storing my soft top in the garage for the winter:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...ded-Arm-Hanger-in-Gray-50-lbs-18042/202305548I just folded it up real nice like normal while it was on the Jeep, took it off, put some velcro straps around it and the arms, and set it up on the padded arms. Then I'll probably just put the windows under my bed with soft blankets or sheets between them.

IMG_1733.JPEG

IMG_1736.JPEG

Reactions: ac_