Softest load range d or e 285 75R16 tires

sam53

TJ Enthusiast
Ok, I know I m stupid but here goes. Have any 03 with Moab wheels that I like and pains me they are on a rack not being used.
I have 33 12 K
m'S on 15" wheels that I wheel with but would like to put 285's AT'S on the Moabs.
What is the softest 285 16 AT that anybody has used. Thanks all

I have 285/75r16 load E Duratracs on my Jeep currently. Up until last year I had a second set of Duratracs that were 265/75r16 load C that I switched between. I bought both sets new. When properly inflated the 285 load E's ride almost as good as the 265 load C's.

Bone Stock comparison: 91k mile '04 LJ with 15" wheels and 31x10.5 BFG KO2's Load Range C vs. 12k mile '04 TJ Rubicon with 16" wheels and ORIGINAL Goodyear M/TR's Load E - These two Jeeps ride nearly identical.

Both of these Wranglers are BONE STOCK with absolutely no mods.

So I have 15inch wheels / tires now. I’m thinking of going to a16 with a 285/75/16.

Are E or D rated tires bad for everyday driving? Why the hate on D or E rated?

So I have 15inch wheels / tires now. I’m thinking of going to a16 with a 285/75/16.

Are E or D rated tires bad for everyday driving? Why the hate on D or E rated?
They have thicker construction to be able to handle more psi. This means they are heavier and stiffer than load C tire

Consider switching to the more common 15" wheel size. You'll find a MUCH bigger selection of tires and you'll easily find what you want in inch-size tires where Load Range C is commonly available. Not to mention the savings on 15" tire costs will go a long way toward 15" wheels.