Softest load range d or e 285 75R16 tires

sam53

TJ Enthusiast
Ok, I know I m stupid but here goes. Have any 03 with Moab wheels that I like and pains me they are on a rack not being used.
I have 33 12 K
m'S on 15" wheels that I wheel with but would like to put 285's AT'S on the Moabs.
What is the softest 285 16 AT that anybody has used. Thanks all

I have 285/75r16 load E Duratracs on my Jeep currently. Up until last year I had a second set of Duratracs that were 265/75r16 load C that I switched between. I bought both sets new. When properly inflated the 285 load E's ride almost as good as the 265 load C's.

When properly inflated the 285 load E's ride almost as good as the 265 load C's.
That like saying Rough Country shocks ride ALMOST as good as Rancho rs5000x's. :unsure: I ran 25 psi in my stock 245s and they still rode like crap.

Bone Stock comparison: 91k mile '04 LJ with 15" wheels and 31x10.5 BFG KO2's Load Range C vs. 12k mile '04 TJ Rubicon with 16" wheels and ORIGINAL Goodyear M/TR's Load E - These two Jeeps ride nearly identical.

Both of these Wranglers are BONE STOCK with absolutely no mods.

So I have 15inch wheels / tires now. I’m thinking of going to a16 with a 285/75/16.

Are E or D rated tires bad for everyday driving? Why the hate on D or E rated?

So I have 15inch wheels / tires now. I’m thinking of going to a16 with a 285/75/16.

Are E or D rated tires bad for everyday driving? Why the hate on D or E rated?
They have thicker construction to be able to handle more psi. This means they are heavier and stiffer than load C tire

Consider switching to the more common 15" wheel size. You'll find a MUCH bigger selection of tires and you'll easily find what you want in inch-size tires where Load Range C is commonly available. Not to mention the savings on 15" tire costs will go a long way toward 15" wheels.