Tires are squealing after lift install

Charline94

Okay so I just put a 2.5 suspension lift on my 99 wrangler,new sway bar disconnects, literally everything new on front suspension. Including an adjustable track bar and bar adjuster bracket. And on the rear i put new sway bar disconnects, upper control arm and the track bar bracket adjustment. My tires are squealing going down the road and my torque converter seems to be going out. I did have to drop the drive line to be able to drop the rear axle due to repairs to the frame. Any suggestions on what’s going on I’m at a loss at this point. I’m scheduled for an alignment Monday.

image.jpg

image.jpg

can you upload a video of this noise? That is going to help a lot. Pictures of your suspension setup could also help.

can you upload a video of this noise? That is going to help a lot. Pictures of your suspension setup could also help.

I added photos, the noise sounds like you’re taking a turn to sharpe and your tires squeal but it’s consistent. My torque converter seems to be going out since I put all of this on

If you're on factory wheels, your tires may be rubbing the upper spring buckets. I had almost zero clearance with mine while sitting still on 31x10.50x15s after adding my 2" springs. I got new wheels with proper back spacing and an adjustable rear trackbar to center everything up and now all is well.

The drop brackets for the front track bar need to get thrown in the trash. If it has a drop pitman arm it also goes in the trash. Rough country has no idea how to set up jeeps.

Jeeps need an alignment after a lift.your front tires are scrubbing if not

Last edited:
Possible your toe-in is way out!!!!

This. Look how far out the rod ends and the drag link adjusters are cranked out…

You can to a basic check with a tape measure, and check front/ rear of tires. Make sure you measure to the same location on the tires, or use some straight metal clamped to the rotors.