Soon to be joining the TJ club

I removed my soft top entirely and only use a hard top. My soft top was brand new, and when they are new (and the zippers are new), they're pretty easy to get up and down. Mine only took me about 8 minutes to get either up or down.

I never used it though, so I just got the hardtop and called it a day. For me I'm either a top on or top off kind of guy, there is no in between.

I can't comment on the clutch since I own an automatic, but maybe others will chime in on that one.

Reactions: JMT
It's a learning experience. You are a "jeep guy" or you aren't. Time will tell on your journey. A few things are fishy on your jeep. Hope you can get them sorted out.

View attachment 15180

PS - is there any easy trick to removing the soft top frame from the vehicle entirely so it isn't all bunched up in the back like that when open? I see there are some torx or allen screws into the rollbars, wasn't sure if that was the right way to do it or not.
Where the bows attach to the roll bar bracket, each bow end has a torx head bolt you undo and the bow pulls away from the bracket. They also make replacement billet bow ends with a spring latch that requires no tools to undo. Pretty simple either way.

After a while you figure out a way to fold down the top where it takes up less room, less of a 'pile'. Just takes some practice.

Thanks all. Finally got a chance to snap some pics of the "blue family" I have now, lol:

jeep_velo1.jpg

jeep_velo2.jpg

jeep_velo3.jpg

One vehicle I dropped ~2 inches the other I'll be raising ~2" lol. My mirror relocation kit arrived from Quadratec last night so I'm gonna go and move my mirrors so I can have some doorless fun without worry of police issues :)

Looks awesome! Like I said, minus those ugly wheels, I think you scored on that Rubicon!