Sound Bar Flip

Jeepownerprobs

Had anyone moved factory sound bar with interior lights from factory location behind roll bar to in front on the roll bar. I know it means flipping right side to left and vice versa. And drilling hole for lug to fit into and drill hole for speaker wires ( which are already aftermarket at this point). The reason I want to do b/c I have a windjammer and I want the speakers inside with me instead of out back. Any help/advice is welcome. 2006 TJ unlimited (LJ) solar yellow.

Reactions: matkal
Damn if you end up in southern ohio like ya buddy i could help flip it.

I havent had one for many years so i dont remember how it mounts.
But the only thing that would prevent that is obviously the length of wiring.
You will need to cut the spearker wires and re attach once flipped not the end of the world. I made my own speaker bar litterly with boat speakers a piece of hardwood and some fabric BAM.

But yea give it a shot take some photos and if you get stuck we got many people to throw advice at you.

Damn if you end up in southern ohio like ya buddy i could help flip it.

I havent had one for many years so i dont remember how it mounts.
But the only thing that would prevent that is obviously the length of wiring.
You will need to cut the spearker wires and re attach once flipped not the end of the world. I made my own speaker bar litterly with boat speakers a piece of hardwood and some fabric BAM.

But yea give it a shot take some photos and if you get stuck we got many people to throw advice at you.
I am in southern OH... Franklin-ish what's your ideas?

I know I've seen it done in other forums (15 yrs ago), it's basically what you have lined out in your original post. Nothing left but the doing.

Had anyone moved factory sound bar with interior lights from factory location behind roll bar to in front on the roll bar. I know it means flipping right side to left and vice versa. And drilling hole for lug to fit into and drill hole for speaker wires ( which are already aftermarket at this point). The reason I want to do b/c I have a windjammer and I want the speakers inside with me instead of out back. Any help/advice is welcome. 2006 TJ unlimited (LJ) solar yellow.
why would you have to flip it right to left???

You would rotate it so the flat side is facing the middle bar. it would look very silly if you just put in front and dont rotate.
1625673889255.png

AWWWW SNAP i was about to ask about the pods lol but i thought nah he said sound bar with dome light.

Yea so if you have to flip them no big deal. just disconnect the speaker wires and put right back into them.

take all the padding off the rollbar if its on there. remove the speakers pull out any extra wire a couple inches if you can tape it down so it wont fall in. Then dry fit your flipped around speakers to the front of the bar. mark and measure the location of where the wires would need to comethrough. Drill a hole for the wires. use some lacing wire or coat hanger wire what ever to fish the speaker wires through the new hole. measure and drill new holes for the mounting and the stabalizer. Those new mounting holes will be no joke and could be very dicey getting a nut in there.

You would rotate it so the flat side is facing the middle bar. it would look very silly if you just put in front and dont rotate.View attachment 263884
duhhhhh.... so color me stupid.... would need to flip to match the back edge to roll bar.....

yet.... with that in mind..... don't care if it looks silly.... can screw in a piece of diamond plate orr?? between the speaker to square it back up and hang fans off of it to blow on pilot/co-pilot or something to that effect.

duhhhhh.... so color me stupid.... would need to flip to match the back edge to roll bar.....

yet.... with that in mind..... don't care if it looks silly.... can screw in a piece of diamond plate orr?? between the speaker to square it back up and hang fans off of it to blow on pilot/co-pilot or something to that effect.
i have a 12v fan in mine lol no ac

another thought.... if you slide it forward after hopping it over to the bolt on bars....... (with out flipping it) slide it as far as you can forward without interfering with rear view mirror and sun visors..... then the flat side matches the windshield. Maybe put the sun visors on it?

btw... why drill holes to snake wires thru..... just hide them under the pads

another thought.... if you slide it forward after hopping it over to the bolt on bars....... (with out flipping it) slide it as far as you can forward without interfering with rear view mirror and sun visors..... then the flat side matches the windshield. Maybe put the sun visors on it?

btw... why drill holes to snake wires thru..... just hide them under the pads
Well now you have to pull all the wiring out the roll cage and re run it. You can almost do anything but that one doesnt seem the most practical. also running wire in the roll cage is a bit of a pain. it doesnt run through the extenders cause its removable it runs down the sides to the tub area then out a hole under the door jam.