Spark Plugs

tks., any preference on wires?
Most aftermarket ignition wires are junk, they either pull apart too easily or they cause static on AM and CB radios. It's really best to go with Mopar ignition wires if you can find them.

One thing to keep in mind. Do NOT go with any wiring that claims "low resistance" Low resistance sounds good but in the case of ignition wiring, it is not. Quality ignition wire manufacturers actually add resistance to the wiring at extra expense. It is actually cheaper to manufacture low resistance wiring so those who claim "low resistance" wiring are just using people's ignorance of how ignition wiring works to make them think their lower resistance wiring is a good thing... it is not.

The resistance is added to stop the wiring from radiating static electrical noise to be picked up by the engine computer, AM radio, and CB radio. The added resistance does NOT significantly reduce the spark voltage like some might assume. There is so little current passing through the wiring that the resistance added to the wiring doesn't really drop the voltage in an appreciable amount. Ohm's Law and all that being the reason why.

The Mopar p/n for the ignition wiring set is 83507178 like at https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-wiring-ignition~83507178.html

And be aware that if you do a search for that Mopar part number that some will mislead you to try to make you think they're selling the Mopar part when it's really a cheap aftermarket part.

Reactions: StG58
Most aftermarket ignition wires are junk, they either pull apart too easily or they cause static on AM and CB radios. It's really best to go with Mopar ignition wires if you can find them.

One thing to keep in mind. Do NOT go with any wiring that claims "low resistance" Low resistance sounds good but in the case of ignition wiring, it is not. Quality ignition wire manufacturers actually add resistance to the wiring at extra expense. It is actually cheaper to manufacture low resistance wiring so those who claim "low resistance" wiring are just using people's ignorance of how ignition wiring works to make them think their lower resistance wiring is a good thing... it is not.

The resistance is added to stop the wiring from radiating static electrical noise to be picked up by the engine computer, AM radio, and CB radio. The added resistance does NOT significantly reduce the spark voltage like some might assume. There is so little current passing through the wiring that the resistance added to the wiring doesn't really drop the voltage in an appreciable amount. Ohm's Law and all that being the reason why.

The Mopar p/n for the ignition wiring set is 83507178 like at https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-wiring-ignition~83507178.html

And be aware that if you do a search for that Mopar part number that some will mislead you to try to make you think they're selling the Mopar part when it's really a cheap aftermarket part.
Unfortunately, @Jerry Bransford, that's the ignition cable set for the 4.0 six cylinder.

The ignition cable set for the 2.5 four cylinder is discontinued. I prefer the Belken stock replacement, personally, as a substitute. Don't get sucked into getting "high performance" wires, copper wires, low resistance wires (like Jerry pointed out) or any wonder wire advertised to get increased mileage and horse power. The wires on a 2.5 are so short to begin with none of that does anything other than cause issues.

Unfortunately, @Jerry Bransford, that's the ignition cable set for the 4.0 six cylinder.

The ignition cable set for the 2.5 four cylinder is discontinued. I prefer the Belken stock replacement, personally, as a substitute. Don't get sucked into getting "high performance" wires, copper wires, low resistance wires (like Jerry pointed out) or any wonder wire advertised to get increased mileage and horse power. The wires on a 2.5 are so short to begin with none of that does anything other than cause issues.
Tks, jerry, should have pointed out I have four cylinder I went to mopsr link and did not have parts for four cyl.
Tks StG58, I know you said we have what we have "four angry squirrels" (love um) and loved your post on not wasting money to try and get more power from 2.5 like airflow intake etc...so I won't waste any money on Fanny pretty spark plug wires! I did pick up a gasket and plug for rear diff.. Wondering do I / should I replace plug if old one ok $9.00?

@StG58 where do you usually get your wires from? Also, if you have a recommendation as to where I can get a good cap and rotor with brass attachments that'd be great.