Spark plugs?

Good morning everyone. Just replaced a lot of things on the Jeep. Camshaft and crankshaft sensors, water pump, timing belt, thermostat sensor, thermostat and housing for thermostat. Took the Jeep out after all this and ran great for about 5 miles and then started sputtering around 2k rpm’s in every gear. From 1st- 4th. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Any codes?

4 cylinder since it's a belt and not a chain?

What brand parts?

I'd put your original cam and crank sensors back on one at a time and see if it solves the problem.

-Mac

Reactions: primetime4
thanks I’ll try that first. And the codes are for the camshaft position sensor and crankshaft position sensor. A mechanic buddy told me it may be at 180 and not TDC and another friend said sounds like it’s in limp mode. Guess I’ll go down the list starting with the sensors.

Good morning everyone. Just replaced a lot of things on the Jeep. Camshaft and crankshaft sensors, water pump, timing belt, thermostat sensor, thermostat and housing for thermostat. Took the Jeep out after all this and ran great for about 5 miles and then started sputtering around 2k rpm’s in every gear. From 1st- 4th. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Check the hold down bolt on the distributor/camshaft synchronizer/oil pump drive assembly to make sure it didn't let it turn out of time.

thanks I’ll try that first. And the codes are for the camshaft position sensor and crankshaft position sensor. A mechanic buddy told me it may be at 180 and not TDC and another friend said sounds like it’s in limp mode. Guess I’ll go down the list starting with the sensors.

If it was at 180 you would absolutely know.

I've read at length on this forum that aftermarket Crankshaft and Camshaft sensors are temperamental. If you can keep OEM, keep em.
+1 for spark plugs if you haven't replaced those yet. It's cheap, easy and could throw strange codes when misfiring.

Reactions: primetime4
I would post in the regional forum and see if there is a member that would be willing to help.

Unfortunately your lack of knowledge makes it really hard to help. I don't mean that as a dig I really don't. We all started somewhere