Specialty Build Thoughts

That’s understandable. First impressions mean everything.

As long as you aren’t looking for something rarer like an LJ Rubicon, you should be able to find an LJ that fits your needs within a reasonable cost. Seeing as you are in the southern US, rust free Jeeps should be relatively easy to come by.

I'm hopeful. I did a specific search for LJ's on the Dallas site though, and the lowest I found an LJ was $13,000 so the search may become long. If absolutely necessary I may choose to just go with a TJ and figure out how to handle everything else from that point forward. Once again, thank you to everyone for your thoughts and for keeping safety important. I appreciate all of your time and help.

Reactions: Steel City 06
Something like this one:
https://www.redrockmotors.com/vehic...-wrangler-unlimited-royse-city-tx-id-28255967
would be a good one to look for. Low mileage, not modified, although the price is a little high.

(That dealer had a few LJs listed.)

That is certainly a very nice looking, low mileage LJ and seemingly in awesome shape! He is just way up there on price. I can find a nice TJ with a 4.0 factory A/C and less than 150,000 miles for about $7,000 so that is why I felt I could pull this off with the insurance settlement. I originally looked at JK's but you can't really get into a JK that is in nice shape for under $14,000 or so around here; which is why I chose to back up a few years and go with an LJ or a TJ instead. I do appreciate the dealers website though, I will definitely keep an eye on his site for sure. Thank you.