Spinning bolt help

D M

CEL free! (again)
Supporting Member
I have a weird problem.

trying to remove my front TB (axle side) and was able to get the nut off in the tiny hole, now the weird thing is I cant get the bolt out, it spins but in place and cant get it to back out. I have a JKS Tb with the poly bushing in the axle side, and I noticed sometimes the threads would grab the bushing and it would twist it, my impact gun cant even back it out. What else can I do? I already tried heat too

Can you get it out enough to slip a
Screwdriver or something similar behind the head of the bolt and help coax it out?

I had to apply pressure under the head of the bolt while I backed it out with an impact. I started with a 5-in-1 scrapper and managed to pull it away enough to get a relatively thin flat crow bar behind the head. From then I could apply could pressure for the threads to catch the bushing and it backed out

Reactions: D M
Can you get it out enough to slip a
Screwdriver or something similar behind the head of the bolt and help coax it out?
Its out a good amount, ive tried pushing on the threads, nothing seems to work

No, you may have to cut the bolt at both sides of the bushing with a sawzall.
I've hard intermittent luck with this but soaking the bolt with penetrant from both sides & clamping a large pair of vice grips on the head of the bolt will give you some surface area to give it some good blows with a hammer. It may break free if you had keep the handle end of the vice grips from dancing around too much and have it clamped down tight enough to resist some blows

Reactions: D M